Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1.58 points per match required to reach 38 points. Top 5 form. Replicating what Crystal Palace have done in the first half of the season.

How likely is this?

Now 1/10 on to go down.

So 1 in 10 chance of staying up, according to the money. 

The best we can hope for now is a dead cat bounce. Relax and start to play instead of running around like nutters. 

Just now, pacbuddies said:

With half a season and a transfer window to go then giving up now is not an option.

I really can't see us surviving even if we bought well. We would have to show title winning form from now till the end of the season. Just can't see it happening.

Though I wasn't confident, I did retain a small amount of hope that we would get out of this. West Ham and today has quashed that. 

I'm now sure we are gone. 

I almost envy those who still have hope! How the hell do you do it? Is it complete and utter faith or is it just denial?

Forget about how far behind we are, how many points we need to average etc, what exactly have you seen from this team that gives you even an inkling of hope that we can win a game, never mind ten?!

I'm genuinely interested on a psychological level, where does this hope come from? I thought even the most optimistic of fans would need a shred of evidence for their beliefs. We have one of the worst squads we've ever had (in our history), we're in the midst of an ongoing record for most games without a win, we're heavily in debt to a Chairman who is at best uninterested and are on track to be relegated mathematically by Easter as one of the worsf teams in the league's history.

I'm cursed by being overly analytical and look at the probabilities of everything, unfortunately this year I saw this was the liklihood the second the transfer window closed and is why I started this thread. It was always more likely than not that we were going to seriously struggle. I think Sherwood got too much blame and people are prematurely jumping on Garde now and it's unfair on both - the players simply aren't good enough.

So where do you get your shreds of evidence for any positivity?

We are done. We can't score more than 1 goal a game and can't keep clean sheets. If safety was 20 points I wouldn't fancy us.

In a perverse sort of way I hope the bottom 3 stays as it is. The promoted teams have been brilliant this season and deserve the cash bonanza next year, shambolically run clubs like ourselves and the North east two don't.

Yes it will make next season much more difficult but let's try to assemble a decent championship team and take it from there, at least in the championship you don't need to spend 50m to be competitive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I almost envy those who still have hope! How the hell do you do it? Is it complete and utter faith or is it just denial?

Forget about how far behind we are, how many points we need to average etc, what exactly have you seen from this team that gives you even an inkling of hope that we can win a game, never mind ten?!

I'm genuinely interested on a psychological level, where does this hope come from? I thought even the most optimistic of fans would need a shred of evidence for their beliefs. We have one of the worst squads we've ever had (in our history), we're in the midst of an ongoing record for most games without a win, we're heavily in debt to a Chairman who is at best uninterested and are on track to be relegated mathematically by Easter as one of the worsf teams in the league's history.

I'm cursed by being overly analytical and look at the probabilities of everything, unfortunately this year I saw this was the liklihood the second the transfer window closed and is why I started this thread. It was always more likely than not that we were going to seriously struggle. I think Sherwood got too much blame and people are prematurely jumping on Garde now and it's unfair on both - the players simply aren't good enough.

So where do you get your shreds of evidence for any positivity?

i don't think we'll stay up, but for those who do... the optimism might be coming from when Lerner spent £24mill in the January transfer window on Darren Bent who saved us from relegation that year.

I still believed we had a glimmer of hope before todays game, as i've seen how one win against an important rival can galvanise a team.

That glimmer of hope has now gone.

35 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

1.58 points per match required to reach 38 points. Top 5 form. Replicating what Crystal Palace have done in the first half of the season.

How likely is this?

Now 1/10 on to go down.

So 1 in 10 chance of staying up, according to the money. 

The best we can hope for now is a dead cat bounce. Relax and start to play instead of running around like nutters. 

You said Gabby and Nzog can change games. What do you feel is the meaning of credibility?

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm a season ticket holder and I've got to go and watch another nine games or so this season.

The results don't matter and I don't want to work my way to a coronary by screaming abuse at our own players, so, does anyone have any ideas what I (and others like me) can do at the game to occupy ourselves between now and the end of the season? 

I don't want to waste the ticket, but the football is over and I'd like something to make the trip seem worthwhile.

Get on YouTube and watch full length matches where we've done well.  Start with this one, when we beat Inter 2-0 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wmnVgCXx1s

Start watching it at the first whistle so the two halves line up with the live match. See if you can get a few folks around you to do the same thing and then you can all sing and cheer at the appropriate moments irrespective of what the current embarrassments to the shirt are up to.

After 3 or 4 games it might catch on and the club could show them on the big screen so the whole crowd can enjoy themselves and make a formality of what is happening on the big green rectangle in the middle.

• Like 2

Â