Refugee crisis

StefanAVFC

Quite. I am increasingly amazed at how these stories keep coming up.

First, it was shock over a dead child. Then it was the outrage that he was dead because his father wanted new teeth. Then it was he needed new teeth because Assad had taken out all his teeth. Now he's a people smuggler. 

It's almost as if people are making stuff up to suport their agenda.

Edited by choffer

I see the celebs have got on the bandwagon , thank God ..now Syria's problems are over and we can move on to the next campaign ... not sure what that is yet as I'm still waiting for social media to tell me  ...

did have a wry smile on my face though when Cumberbatch accused the government of doing too little to late  ..where were you in 2011 Benedict ?

I've always found it cringeworthy when celebrities suddenly starts grandstanding on any popular issue when either they think that they can get good PR out of it, or that just because they're celebrities they have something meaningful to say.

Especially the one's claiming they will offer them a room

Lets face it when they do come here they will be kept well away from the affluent south east and probably settled in the midlands yorkshire up north or scotland

Edited by AshVilla

11986403_871312326347363_452670624584923

Shared over 2000 times in less than an hour.

People actually believe this shit

Indeed, no doubt created by someone who doesn't understand the situation in Syria, but nevertheless containing a grain of truth.

As I posted in the other thread on the wars, the large number of males currently fleeing from Syria (rather than those leaving the camps) are leaving regime controlled areas to avoid the draft. In that sense they are indeed "running away" to avoid having to fight. They are mostly from the Syrian Middle Class, the less fortunate or well connected having already been drafted over the last few years. Clearly many have brought their families with them, as you would expect. I'm not passing judgement or saying they are undeserving of asylum, just pointing out the kernel of truth in your picture. 

It does indicate that the number of people wiling to fight for the regime is decreasing which is a bad indicator for Assad's survivability, possibly why the Russians are moving more towards direct involvement from a purely supporting role.

11986403_871312326347363_4526706245849236567_n.jpg?oh=f5342ba6475f1e3704916ffa91473578&oe=56ABDB27

Shared over 2000 times in less than an hour.

People actually believe this shit

Pedant but shouldn't it be Women  ?

And WOULD not who. Cretins. Some people shouldn't be allowed the Internet.

Imagine if someone from the future had appeared when Tim Berners-Lee was inventing the Internet and said "one day absolute morons are going to use this to spread hate and bully kids into killing themselves".

My wife asked me earlier what I thought about the situation in Syria. 

I said, I know they've had a difficult start but I fully expect Juventus to be up there come the end of the season.

[emoji112] Bravo, sir.

ForeverYoung.

You mentioned in another thread that you have a 6 month old lad. How would you feel if you had to flee your home because of war, only to be told 'nah, you coming here has no positives for us' when you get to another country's border'

Such a blatant disregard for humanity. Hate this idea that we have to look after our own citizens before others.

Fair play and I totally inderstand the post, but there are many people all round the world suffering and we rarely think of them.  I have to admit, an im not on my own, I am one of those people who watch the little African kids on TV adverts and think no amount of money is ever gonna stop the problems, so i'll keep it in my pocket and look after my own.

The last line of your post is very controversial. Im not sure why we cannot look after our own before others, as we as citizens pay millions in taxes every year and to be fair I don't graft everyday so we can house random refugess in our country and keep our own unpriviledged on the breadline. Im sorry if this sounds a little harsh

Today we've had a seven person pedo ring busted and convicted, plus nazi nutjob Zak Davies convicted of attempted murder.

haven't seen one white person apologise yet or explain what they are doing to stop it

Today we've had a seven person pedo ring busted and convicted, plus nazi nutjob Zak Davies convicted of attempted murder.

haven't seen one white person apologise yet or explain what they are doing to stop it

Did they all share a common belief in the name of which they committed these acts?

Â