Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Anyone else suspect that Tim is letting the press believe that Rudy wont be starting so that it can be a particularly nasty surprise to uniteds back 2 and keeper when they see him starting? a la Mourinho or Ferguson

or am I giving Tim too much credit?

Trying to predict what Sherwood is going to do is nigh on impossible

I imagine Sherwood can't predict it, I reckon about half an hour before kick off, he goes for a piss and in the light of the golden flow, he has a glorious epiphany where he sees the optimim starting 11 and tactics.
  • Like 3

I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight. In theory this match could be easier than Bournemouth now hear me out.. Bournemouth were over the moon they were riding the adrenaline of their first ever Premier League game super hard, they pressed and made our job to contain them harder than it would have been against almost anyone else in the league, we contained them and came out on top.

Now Man Utd are an attacking force, but other than goal threat we've likely already played a harder game this season. Man Utd won't be half as physical as Bournemouth meaning Gana, Veretout and Ayew will be less pressured and it'll likely be a more open game. That said I'm not playing down how deadly Man Utd can be on the attack and it will be a real test of our back four especially Amavi who may be targeted by Man Utd as the guy who's new to the league, but if we can defend well I think we have every chance to take this game to them and possibly deliver a shock to Utd and the rest of the league. 

Amavi... if they do anything beyond going after Hutton/Bacuna I'd be astonished. Particularly, with Micah's enthusiastic performance against B'mouth, dragging him out of position will be easy. 

We need Rooney to lay another egg

Edited by villakram

We will lose as standard and I expect Tim to start the same team as last week.

But how I wish we had the players available to play this:

-------------------------------Guzan--------------------------------

Hutton----------Richards--------Clark-----------------Amavi

----------------------Veretout ------Gueye----------------------

Traore-----------------------Gil--------------------------Ayew/Grealish

-------------------------------Gestede-------------------------------

Coz I think we would do them with that extra bit of class up top