------------Gestede

or 

-------------------Guzan

Hutton/Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

-----------Westwood/Sanchez

----Bacuna/Westwood ---- Gueye

--------------Veretout

---------Gabby--------Gestede

I'm really unsure how I'd play this game. My initial thought was to play with Gestede up top on his own with two fast players either side of him to get down the wings and cross the ball all day. I think Gestede could get some luck against United's defenders so that could be a good option. For that I'd play...

Hutton - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Westwood

Veretout - Gueye 

Gabby                              Sinclair

Gestede.

However, did anyone watch MNF this week? they did some analysis on Man United's tactic and they were pressing all over the pitch. A lot of the time resulted in Erikson being free in the "number 10" role. If we could get a player who's good on the ball (possibly Ayew) in that position and playing through balls to Gabby up front on his own, I think that could work too. For that I'd play...

Sanchez

Guyeye - Westwood - Veretout

Ayew

Gabby         

It's nice to have options.... 

Edited by PieFacE

I'm really unsure how I'd play this game. My initial thought was to play with Gestede up top on his own with two fast players either side of him to get down the wings and cross the ball all day. I think Gestede could get some luck against United's defenders so that could be a good option. For that I'd play...

Westwood

Veretout - Gueye

Gabby Sinclair

Gestede.

However, did anyone watch MNF this week? they did some analysis on Man United's tactic and they were pressing all over the pitch. A lot of the time resulted in Erikson being free in the "number 10" role. If we could get a player who's good on the ball (possibly Ayew) in that position and playing through balls to Gabby up front on his own, I think that could work too. For that I'd play...

Sanchez

Guyeye - Westwood - Veretout

Ayew

Gabby

It's nice to have options....

I'd like to see the first team with Sanchez in for Westwood or Veretout.

I don't think Ayew is good on the ball just yet. No confidence at all. Would have been good to have Gil or Grealish!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I hate playing these lot, not because of there team but the vile glory hunting fans. Never met one I didn't feel like chining.

The best game I ever saw at VP was under floodlights, the atmosphere generated that night in 76 against Liverpool was awesome if only we could replicate that, bring the roof down. Who knows? maybe instead of having to put up with every redscum smug face we might be the ones smiling.

Come on Villa!!!!!

I'm concerned this one could be worryingly difficult, I don't want a five or sixer on national TV.

We edged what is a poor Bournemouth side, albeit with the huge boost of their first game in the division, and we looked poor for large parts of the game in doing that. Veretout isn't ready, I'd drop him out of this one, Ayew too. We need to find a way to control them, then look to catch them out with the big fella up top. 

If they score five goals then we need to score at least two... I can´t stand it when we lose by more than three goals because that´s when it becomes embarrassing. For example, I'll never talk to Olivier Giroud again. Well, I mean, I won´t talk to him if I ever meet him. Actually, I probably will say hi and engage in a bit of polite conversation, but that´s besides the point. It´s going to take me a few years to forgive him.

"I can´t stand it. I just can´t stand it"

(Charlie Brown, Villa fan)

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

hutton has to play rb for me in this game. we need someone dirty and tough to break up those attacks.

i think rooney will batter us (as usual) but hopefully rudy can give them a taste of their own medicine

I would prefer Rudy to come on as sub if he isnt fit as I think he will be more effective when their cbs will tire. 

hutton has to play rb for me in this game. we need someone dirty and tough to break up those attacks.

i think rooney will batter us (as usual) but hopefully rudy can give them a taste of their own medicine

I would prefer Rudy to come on as sub if he isnt fit as I think he will be more effective when their cbs will tire.

Id play Bacuna so he and Amavi can get up the wings and get crosses in for big Rudy