Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I think we'll line up:

----------------- Guzan -----------------

Hutton -- Richards -- Clark -- Amavi

------ Gana --------- Westwood ------

--------------- Veretout -----------

Ayew ----- Gestede ------- Sinclair

Not sure what Ayew can do yet really, but I'd start him with Rudy starting too. Gabby just didn't look good last week, so I'd bench him and bring him on second half to sprint about and defend our 3 goal lead :)

I'd go with that except I'd replace Sinclair with Gabby, I thought Gabby was much better than Sinclair last Saturday and made some really good runs with the ball and got into some dangerous positions whereas Sinclair didn't do much going forward but he did well in helping Amavi out defending and when he went off they had a lot of space down the left as Richardson was crap and offered nothing.

I think we'll line up:

----------------- Guzan -----------------

Hutton -- Richards -- Clark -- Amavi

------ Gana --------- Westwood ------

--------------- Veretout -----------

Ayew ----- Gestede ------- Sinclair

Not sure what Ayew can do yet really, but I'd start him with Rudy starting too. Gabby just didn't look good last week, so I'd bench him and bring him on second half to sprint about and defend our 3 goal lead :)

I'd go with that except I'd replace Sinclair with Gabby, I thought Gabby was much better than Sinclair last Saturday and made some really good runs with the ball and got into some dangerous positions whereas Sinclair didn't do much going forward but he did well in helping Amavi out defending and when he went off they had a lot of space down the left as Richardson was crap and offered nothing.

Good point. I just don't think Gabby created enough, and his crossing potential is weak, I was hoping that Sinclair could get some balls in to Rudy... But who knows! Richardson is just awful, he seems to be picked by managers a lot though so must train well I assume. Shame it doesn't translate to the pitch.

Surely we have to beat those **** at home soon? I dreamt we were 2 up and an easy chance to make it 3 just before half time, we missed the chance and that was the turning point. I'm going 3-1 for villa

I think the team will be:

______________________Guzan___________________
__Bacuna____Richards__________Clark______Amavi__
____________________Sanchez____________________
___________Gana________________Westwood_______
____________________Sinclair_____________________
_____________Gabby_________Ayew_______________

It's nice to go into a game like this and think that we'll at least have a go rather than have a lambert team just roll over and have it's belly tickled.

3-2 to United.

Edited by villa89

Gana's performance should be interesting tonight. Given what was said about his thoughts on Man Utd, I am guessing he will either be completely shit - Stars in his eyes or, absolutely brilliant - Pound signs in his eyes. I'm doubting an average performance from the lad tonight.

We are miles away from being a cohesive unit yet so I don't expect too much from them. Because of that I will go for a Man Utd victory 2-1. However, it is early in the season and Man Utd may not be at their best again so anything could happen if they aren't up for it and our new players really want to impress their new home crowd.

Day off work. Just on a train getting into New Street now. On the piss m'lord... Let's do this! UTV

Effectively a day off work on VT at 3pm. Only difference is no pint in hand, yet...