Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

I happen to be visiting friends in Kent this weekend so I will get the joy of watching villa get bummed by utd in a busy pub full of smug Mancs. Fate is cruel  :rolleyes:

Fixed

Edited by Kingman

I happen to be visiting friends in manchester this weekend so I will get the joy of watching villa get bummed by utd in a busy pub full of smug Mancs. Fate is cruel :rolleyes:

If you're in Manchester the last thing you'll see there is a Man Utd fan, you'll probably have a load of City fans casually supporting Villa with you through

Do you know why they're ringing do you know?

Do you know why they're singing do you know?

Do you know why they're ringing do you know?

Do you know why they're singing do you know?

The bells are ringing, for the claret and bluuuuuuue

The fans are singing, for the claret and bluuuuuuue

Everybody is knowing,

To the Villa were going,

And the Villa are showing,

We're the best in the land,

BEST IN THE LAND!

We're congregating, for the claret and bluuuuuuue,

The Holte End's waiting, for the claret and bluuuuuuue,

Everybody is knowing,

To the Villa were going,

And the Villa are showing,

We're the best in the land,

BEST IN THE LAND!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

This is as good a time to play them as any.  I'm still not sure LVG knows his best team and seems to be tinkering.  For the majority of last season they were really lucky to get results without playing well, as against Spurs already this season.  We shouldn't have any reason to fear them and if Tim can get everyone up for it I can see this being the time to break the hoodoo.

2-1 to the Villa.

--------------------Guzan-------------------

Bacuna---Richards---Clarke---Amavi

-----------Westwood---Gana-------------

Gabby---------Gresford---------Sinclair

--------------------Rudy---------------------

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Hutton, Veretout, Ayew, Sanchez, Kozak.

2nd Half:

Villa Winning: Richardson for Sinclair, Veretout for Gresford, Sanchez for Gabby. (451, Physical, Posession, Amavi RW/RM, Richardson LB)

Draw: Cole for Gresford, Ayew for Sinclair, Hutton for Bacuna. (442, Safe & patient)

Villa losing: Kozak for Gresford, Sanchez for Westwood, Ayew for Gabby/Sinclair. (4222, Gung-Ho, cross dat sh*t)

I just mentioned this in another thread but my first ever game was a 3-0 win against this lot on boxing day 1989.

As I wasn't at the league game in 95, or cup final in 96 this is the one and only time I've saw us beat UTD.

I'm predicting that is going to change on friday.

Hutton and Gastede in for bacuna and ayew.

2-1 win.

Would probably start with the same team that started against Bournemouth. Look to stretch them with Gabby up top for the first hour, before bringing Gestede on. Perhaps start Sanchez ahead of Veretout or Westwood for solidity.

20 years ago was my first ever visit to Villa Park. I flew over from Northern Ireland that morning with my dad to see us win 3-1. I remember seeing Ian Taylor and Ugo Ehiogu strolling around Villa Park before the game in their navy tracksuits and remembering how big and imposing and cool they were. I also got David Beckhams autograph (he scored that day) although I didnt really know who he was at that time. Cant wait for Friday night to sit down with my dad to watch them repeat history 20 years and a few days later. its been too long. UTV

• Like 1

So Grealish wasn't even born last time we won against Man Utd at home? Damn that makes me feel a little older than I did.

Records are there to be broken boys and girls.

you won't win anything with kids