Pre-Match thread

roonst83

Strong team and I'm glad Guzan's starting.

Would love it if we won this, not least because I'm fed up of the media wankfest over Bournemouth.

You have no idea how weird that sounds to someone who grew up watching them.

And I think they deserve it (the wankfest). They have worked hard, come from nowhere... it really is a fantastic story.

They do to an extent (although it's still annoying) but you can tell that everyone in the media is desperate to see us get beat so they can have their precious "fairytale" story.

You git. After telling me that there is no conspiracy all summer, you now find one.

GET OUT!  :D

Give it a rest FFS. I never said there was any kind of media conspiracy against Villa but it is clear that most in the media really want Bournemouth to win. There's always a promoted team that the media like to cheer on at every opportunity (sometimes in a condescending manner). Last season it was Burnley and this season it's Bournemouth.

Making the transition to the Premier League with a set of Championship standard players is not going to be easy, and yes, a lot of our players might be considered to be of a lower standard but I think we should be okay today. Seems like a lot of Bournemouth's bigger signings are on the bench today.

Kozak too slow, he's not got the pace and the rest of his game isn't good enough for the Premier League. A through ball last week at Forest any other player on the pitch would have got to, but not him. Wont be surprised to see him sold once we get another striker in.

I like this team. Pace, full backs attacking, glad Hutton isn't starting too. Solid centre of the team with pace all around to cover the pitch. Like it a lot.

• Like 2

Like the line up apart from Bacuna who is **** useless at defending. Would feel better with Hutton there given how dodgy Richards has looked at times so far. Gabby down the middle I like, Gestede hasn't had a pre season and Kozak is too immobile. Lots of pace in the team. I see the Gabby haters are already out in force lol

• Like 1

Annoyed to see Gabby start ahead of Gestede.

I really hope Tim doesn't see him as one of the first names on the team sheet. Hopefully when GIL or agrealish are back he's replaced.

Other than that it's what I would have picked.

We can play quite deep with the pace in that front three. The midfield can pass it, so we can beat them on the break and maybe use the midfield to cover the back four - the problem is I'm not sure that Gueye and Veretout can press and defend - I'm not saying they can't, just that I've not seen enough of them to know if they can.

Gabby will start most games this season when he's fit I think, the manager likes him.

Sinclair on the other hand will have to play well to keep his place.

Wow! A midfield 3! Almost as if we're doing exactly what Gueye would say he was brought in for when he signed over a month ago.

Surprising how many of the media have had us playing with just 2 centrally. We may end up that way towards Christmas but we were never going to start that way.