Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

53 minutes ago, sne said:

Really can't see him still here when the window closes in February.

While not perfect he could do a job at a higher level than this. Would be surprised if no PL-team came in for him.

Possibly the African cup of nations can work in our favor as he will miss a large part of Jan-Feb if he's called up.

I Just hope whatever money we get should he be sold will be invested in the midfield.

I disagree, think he enjoys it here. Did you see his passion when he scored the other day?

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Our best player being injured is a blessing in disguise?!  Hmmmm...

I know what he means to be fair, however he must have forgotten that RDM is gone and we would be more likely to field a balanced side. However, at least we now have a plethora of attacking options/backup. If only we could say the same about midfield/defence we woild be laughing.

I watched Ghana Uganda as they're showing the African world cup qualifiers on 365 now.

Poor game so forgive me if I can't recall minute to minute. Ayew was in and out as usual...there was a player stretched off but don't think it was him so must be a muscle injury as I didn't see him go off.

I've said many times our team is unbalanced. Obvious selection is to take Grealish but then can Ayew and McCormack operate in the same 11, maybe if you play a 4-3-1-2.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I watched Ghana Uganda as they're showing the African world cup qualifiers on 365 now.

Poor game so forgive me if I can't recall minute to minute. Ayew was in and out as usual...there was a player stretched off but don't think it was him so must be a muscle injury as I didn't see him go off.

I've said many times our team is unbalanced. Obvious selection is to take Grealish but then can Ayew and McCormack operate in the same 11, maybe if you play a 4-3-1-2.

You could play Kodjia upfront on his own, with 2 number 10's either Jack/Ayew/McCormack 

Yeah I did suggest that on another thread as an option, similar to what Sherwood did when he first came in.

The balance just isn't there, we need to play 3 in central midfield to get the best out of Jedinak for a start who should be a key player at this level but has been dreadful so far.

And upfront aswell...it's alright playing 4 strikers at Preston but it got us nowhere.

I look at Newcastle...lots of strikers and attacking players but Rafa is content to play Gayle as a lone striker with Ritchie and Diame supporting and making sure the midfield is stocked.

We need to do similar and then the results should come.

• Like 2

Â