Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Still hope we pull this off.

It's great we have options now and I'm very pleased we've got Ayew and Gestede, however they are unproven in the PL. Kozak is coming back from a lengthy injury and Robinson needs more games under his belt, which just leaves Gabby, who is far from prolific.

Love him or hate him, on his game Ade is lethal.

Have plenty options up top now so do we really need to be getting our pants pulled down by spurs with his silly wages? 

Offer to pay 30/40% or do one Levy!

Do we?  We have Gabby who hasn't been a goal scorer for years.  We have Gestede, who has never played at this level.  We have Kozak, who has been out for 18 months and has never scored lots of goals.  We have Ayew who has a lot of potential but may not play as our main striker and we have Robinson, who is young and probably not ready.  Adding someone like Adebayor, who we can rely on will really add to that group of players and take the pressure off all of them to be the main man.

• Like 1

I was in Ghana once trying to get a taxi somewhere from a market in the middle of no where. Don't know where to. Doesn't matter. Oh yeah some hippo farm or something. So the taxi driver wanted €5, but the other people in the taxi were paying €1 each. While we haggled over the price, the other passengers just sat in the car holding their different things. Their small but seemingly bottomless plastic bags of warm smelly food, their live chickens, their bindles of god knows what. Just sitting there. As I argued with the taxi man that I would pay what the locals were paying and no more. I argued and argued. Eventually sitting into the car saying I'd pay what they were paying. The other passengers, the locals just sat staring ahead or eating, not engaging with each other. Like characters in a computer game that had become stuck into their current animation until you did the next thing - push the button, shoot the whatever. The taxi man was happy to wait there all day, as were the other passengers, who were putting no pressure on the taxi man. The only person who really had an interest in getting where they were going that day was me. I was the only fare for the entire day. The money I paid would possibly be a significant part of that market's economy for the next day or two. So I paid €4 eventually and we were on our way. 

Adebayor may represent extra value to us, because of Sherwood's history of making him fire. So from another team Levy might accept £50k/week, he'll want more from us. We might say to him that he's only asking for £50k/week from Sunderland, but £80k from us. And he'll look back at us and say, yeah, because he's worth more to you. That might be the hold up.

• Like 3

I was in Ghana once trying to get a taxi somewhere from a market in the middle of no where. Don't know where to. Doesn't matter. Oh yeah some hippo farm or something. So the taxi driver wanted €5, but the other people in the taxi were paying €1 each. While we haggled over the price, the other passengers just sat in the car holding their different things. Their small but seemingly bottomless plastic bags of warm smelly food, their live chickens, their bindles of god knows what. Just sitting there. As I argued with the taxi man that I would pay what the locals were paying and no more. I argued and argued. Eventually sitting into the car saying I'd pay what they were paying. The other passengers, the locals just sat staring ahead or eating, not engaging with each other. Like characters in a computer game that had become stuck into their current animation until you did the next thing - push the button, shoot the whatever. The taxi man was happy to wait there all day, as were the other passengers, who were putting no pressure on the taxi man. The only person who really had an interest in getting where they were going that day was me. I was the only fare for the entire day. The money I paid would possibly be a significant part of that market's economy for the next day or two. So I paid €4 eventually and we were on our way.

Adebayor may represent extra value to us, because of Sherwood's history of making him fire. So from another team Levy might accept £50k/week, he'll want more from us. We might say to him that he's only asking for £50k/week from Sunderland, but £80k from us. And he'll look back at us and say, yeah, because he's worth more to you. That might be the hold up.

I just got home from the gym, shopping in one hand, fished my keys out my manbag and couldn't quite adjust them to get them into the lock. I went to use my mouth as a substitute 3rd hand, remembered your post and thought NO, I must try to be a better man. Put my shopping down and used my actual other hand to adjust the keys rather than my lips.

So thanks. You might have saved me from AIDS of the mouth or something...

• Like 1

I was in Ghana once trying to get a taxi somewhere from a market in the middle of no where. Don't know where to. Doesn't matter. Oh yeah some hippo farm or something. So the taxi driver wanted €5, but the other people in the taxi were paying €1 each. While we haggled over the price, the other passengers just sat in the car holding their different things. Their small but seemingly bottomless plastic bags of warm smelly food, their live chickens, their bindles of god knows what. Just sitting there. As I argued with the taxi man that I would pay what the locals were paying and no more. I argued and argued. Eventually sitting into the car saying I'd pay what they were paying. The other passengers, the locals just sat staring ahead or eating, not engaging with each other. Like characters in a computer game that had become stuck into their current animation until you did the next thing - push the button, shoot the whatever. The taxi man was happy to wait there all day, as were the other passengers, who were putting no pressure on the taxi man. The only person who really had an interest in getting where they were going that day was me. I was the only fare for the entire day. The money I paid would possibly be a significant part of that market's economy for the next day or two. So I paid €4 eventually and we were on our way.

Is it ok that I fell asleep while reading this?

• Like 1

I was in Ghana once trying to get a taxi somewhere from a market in the middle of no where. Don't know where to. Doesn't matter. Oh yeah some hippo farm or something.

Does your keyboard lack a delete key?

Do we really need 6 strikers?

Adebayor

Getesde

Ayew

Agbonlahor

Kozak

Robinson

??

Robinson should leave on loan for the season in the Championship. Ayew will probably play on the flanks and Gabby will be a back up for that position I guess. 

Out of those 6 you'd still back Adebayor to be top scorer I guess.

I really don't know. Obviously there's reasons Tim has brought in this many attackers but it doesn't fit how we were in pre season with Gil playing just off the main striker.

The idea must be to play with two up top and one in behind in 'the hole' position.

My attacking three would probably be

Gil

Adebayor Gestede

Have plenty options up top now so do we really need to be getting our pants pulled down by spurs with his silly wages? 

Offer to pay 30/40% or do one Levy!

Do we?  We have Gabby who hasn't been a goal scorer for years.  We have Gestede, who has never played at this level.  We have Kozak, who has been out for 18 months and has never scored lots of goals.  We have Ayew who has a lot of potential but may not play as our main striker and we have Robinson, who is young and probably not ready.  Adding someone like Adebayor, who we can rely on will really add to that group of players and take the pressure off all of them to be the main man.

Oui?.. Really…  ;)

Edited by Kingman

Villa shouldn't take adebayor for the same reason liverplop shouldn't have taken balotelli.

It's always "on his day" and expect that ours will be the manager to finally get him ticking...not gonna happen.