Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Can't see us paying a 100k a week wage for a 31 year old loanee?! It makes no sense as he's not going to be in the spurs squad anyway and therefore why the frig would we pay all his wages. Makes no sense??, unless....... the huge club that is Leicester are after him last minute LOL!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I can't believe we would've agreed to front all his wages and pay a fee. Unless we were forced by the supposed Palace interest perhaps.

Edited by Isa

I can't believe we would've agreed to front all his wages and pay a fee. Unless we were forced by the supposed Palace interest perhaps.

This seems the most likely explanation. We've played hard ball everywhere else, but it might just be that we really needed this signing as Tim wanted him, and also because we need a "name" of some kind to replace Benteke.

Even at £7.5m, if he scores 12-15 goals, he will probably be regarded as a success.

I think his stats under Sherwood forced our hand.. 14 goals in 24 apps under Sherwood makes him better value than Benteke, hell makes him better than Benteke. I think for one season we can afford it not to mention the higher up the table we finish this season the more TV money we get. This could pay for itself and then some.

It will be handy for Sherwood having a player he trusts that speaks French given the influx over the channel this summer.

Are you serious????

What if he has ... GARDEN PARTIES with them????!!!!???

• Like 2

Would anyone be happy paying a small fee if it involved getting one of yedlin/walker in on loan as well?

As an American, I don't think Yedlin is ready for the BPL right now.

Walker...yeah, I rate him. Highly. All for it.

Article in the Independent tonight claims we will pay a loan fee and pay all of his wages.....Still a good deal??

Im with BOF with this and just think who cares. Were never going to go down the same route as we did under MON and i have way more faith in Fox/upper management to know what they can afford and what they cant.

I very much doubt its going to stop us from signing another player. 

Think people just try play football manager far tooo much when its not their own money. Have a bit of faith. Just care about the quality of players we bring in and not the fees/wages (which i imagine is often reported wrongly)

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Article in the Independent tonight claims we will pay a loan fee and pay all of his wages.....Still a good deal??

Yes, we still need him.

In Tim we trust.

• Like 2

Being reported in the Independent "Under the terms of the move Villa will take sole responsibility for Adebayor’s wages. There is also a loan fee involved in the deal for the player."

Who cares?? It's not our money.

It kind of is. We pay for tickets, merchandise etc, which all goes in the club's coffers.

• Like 1