Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Another little video on the old Youtube machine, from when he was playing under Sherwood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2SpVjhxCcY

Sound contains some swearing that the kids seem to enjoy.

Sign him up!

If it happens I think it will be late in the window as I've said previously. More chance of getting a better deal plus I think other deals are/have been more pressing because of competition.

Who's playing centrally first few weeks, Gabby?!

I hope these rumours if Swansea coming in are true

Would prefer a long term solution than a stop gap when we desperately need good fire power

that makes absolutely no sense  :lol:

• Like 1

There is a difference between liking a player and rating a player.

Adebayor is a proven goal scorer who has been for top teams, he also has physical presence essential in defending from the front....some of these players coming in may be technically gifted, but we need some strong experience of the prem too.

• Like 1

I hope these rumours if Swansea coming in are true

Would prefer a long term solution than a stop gap when we desperately need good fire power

that makes absolutely no sense :lol:

It makes no sense that I want a striker who will be a long term than a stop gap for a year? How does that not make sense?

Person feelings aside I don't think adebayor would even get into double digits for us, we have money we should invest in. Top striker not a 31 year old who we are still hoping can show some form he did almost two years ago

Staying up is the immediate priority. You need a proven premier league goal scorer to keep you afloat until the younger prospects are bedded in and are going to consistently score for you.

For us the only choices it would seem are Adebayor or Austin. Both have their pros and cons.

To me, even if he is a bit of a douche, Adebayor is the better choice because he knows the manager and has delivered goals pretty consistently at this level for a number of seasons.

There's no guarantee of course but to me it's the slightly more calculated gamble.

I've gone from hating the idea to warming to it to completely wanting him. Sign him up!

I'm still warm.

I don't like the idea of him being our number one striker for the season. he's done well under Sherwood before, but I don't think he's the player he was so I'd be concerned he wouldn't do it for us.

More than happy for him to be one of our strikers though.