Emmanuel Adebayor

yayoboy

Some spurs itk is claiming that we are gonna pay a loan fee of £2.5m and spurs are gonna give that to Adebayor to make up for us paying him reduced wages of £50k per week. Probably bs but it seems this one is close anyway.

So if we paid him the 100k a week it would be the exact same.

Not to an accountant it's not

Am I missing something. A loan fee of £2.5m and 50k wages is about £5m so is 100k a week going on a years loan. As mentioned doing it that way also helps keep him in our wage structure.

So we pay him £2.5m before he even kicks a ball for us. 

Purchases of players - assets are capital (i.e balance sheet items) so buying players never hits the profit and loss account. Wages and salaries go through the p/l so they do contribute to whether the Villa make a profit / loss

• Like 1

So when it's Grealish it's lads being lads but when it's Adebayor he's batshit crazy and a bad egg?

Agreed I don't recall ever seeing a picture of Adebayor lying in the road unconscious from drink with a packet of fags next to him.

• Like 1

So when it's Grealish it's lads being lads but when it's Adebayor he's batshit crazy and a bad egg?

He's literally just sitting in his backyard with a few mates too :lol: . Apparently that means he's not fit enough to play for us. But Grealish can be passed out in the middle of a foreign street but we expect him in the starting XI come August 8th.

It's not just the photo though is it, it's the knowledge that he hasn't been playing and now isnt even training with Spurs first team

No, but as said in this thread before... It is possiblem to prepare for the new season without training with Spurs. I mean how many season has i prepared for in his career, 10, 15?

And he  dosen't seems to be the type that drinks him selt back to the Stoneage everytime he has a chance.

Edited by Eric

I hope this is just tabloid gossip!

There is a unique opportunity for Sherwood to restructure the whole fabric of the team (and club!). Do not blow it by buying has beens, as The Jam said "dig the new breed!"

You're making the assumption there that Adebayor will be our only signing.

I think its a shrewd move. Add an additional, experienced striker to the ranks for relatively little money and use whatever Randolph wants to hand back over on the 'new breed'.

And thats the point. If any of the gossip is to be believed we are in the market for two strikers, Adebayor and one other, the latter being a young up and coming striker I would guess.

We have lost our main source of goals for the last three seasons as well as Weimann. We are then relying on Kozak who is unproven and Gabby who is eh..........Gabby.

On that basis I definitely see two coming in and Adebayor knows where the back of the net is. He's not a long term solution but a very decent short term one and by all accounts TS knows how to get the best out of him.

Edited by Harry

To me it is a bit like buying insurance for a year.  We will buy a young striker like Ayew, but he will need time to settle in the PL. Having Ade will take a lot of pressure off him as he contributes goals. 

It is well documented that he has a contract to play for and he has been left out in the cold.  If he comes here he will have a manager who loves him, who will stroke his bruised ego and tell him (and the world) what an exceptional player he is.  He will have young energetic players around him who will look up to him and play for him.  He will have fans who will quickly love and support him if he starts well.  I just think the forces are pointing in the right direction and he could thrive here, so for me he is a risk worth taking.

• Like 2

I wasn't completely behind this, but then a mate (Spurs fan) asked me how I'd feel if the baggies signed him, and I realised I'd be a bit annoyed. And worried.

Looking at it objectively, it's a shrewd deal if it's for a year.

As long as his contract doesn't look anything like Shay's, I feel pretty upbeat about this (assuming a young lad with potential follows).

How has this thread got to 25 pages?

because we are speculating on a player there is a greater than 70% chance we will be acquiring

Richard, I think it's more like 50/50. Either we sign him or we don't. ;)  :D

How has this thread got to 25 pages?

because we are speculating on a player there is a greater than 70% chance we will be acquiring

Richard, I think it's more like 50/50. Either we sign him or we don't. ;)  :D

actually 50/50/50

Overnight Adebayor liked some post on Instagram linking him with Villa. Think this is on it's just drawn out petty squabbles Spurs' end over wages/severance payments.

Villa go in with an offer. Levy says turn around and pull down your pants. Villa agree politely and ask what else they can do for Mr Levy

If BBC gossip section is right then Levy is allowing Villa to keep their pants up in order to facilitate the move. I'm not sure whether I like that or not, as it shows a level of desperation on his behalf that makes me a little uneasy.

I hope to god this is only a loan if we have to sign this clown it's only for a season.

I honestly don't understand what he's done to warrant being called a clown?

Running the length of a pitch to celebrate in front of fans of a club who made you famous in the first place doesn't help...

However, in saying that, if he signs for us along with a couple of other strikers who can learn from him and develop because of him... I'm all for it... and he can run the full length of the pitch to gloat in front of Citeh fans (and/or directly in the face of Fabian Delph) all he likes...