Mark Bunn

villan_007

I for one think this is a sensible bit of business.

It's not being hailed as a big signing by the club, with lots of photo's and interviews etc, but don't let that stop you bed-wetter's from crying about it.

I'm sure that Guzan won't be hanging around if a new recognized No1 is signed, so Bunn seems a smart signing for back-up on a fraction of the wage that Given was earning.

• Like 1

I'm sure I've seen him play before but nothing is coming to mind. It sounds like he is solid enough though and most probably recommended by Parks, so welcome.

Big Club.  Feeding at the bottom rung if we are signing Norwich cast offs.

I agree.... why havent we tried to sign Buffon as our 3rd choice keeper.......everyone out!!!!! :angry:

Problem is we need a 1st choice not third, we now have 4 keepers(hopefully 3 shortly if Given leaves) and still need another.

What's the fuss? Liverpool signed a Bolton cast-off as their back-up keeper. This deal saves a big chunk of wages on someone who will barely feature....wages that can go towards someone who will improve the starting line-up.

Win, win, win.

I agree.... why havent we tried to sign Buffon as our 3rd choice keeper.......everyone out!!!!! :angry:

Problem is we need a 1st choice not third, we now have 4 keepers(hopefully 3 shortly if Given leaves) and still need another.

We have a first choice called Brad Guzan.

He will be our 2nd choice to a keeper who Sherwood has had as a 2nd choice since he came in.  Obvs i'm assuming Given has gone.  We already have a 3rd choice in Steer.  So i dont see the point in taking him unless Guzan is going.

• Like 1

We have a good first choice called Brad Guzan.

Fixed.

I am not very clued in to the goalkeeping stuff, but why do we need another keeper if we have Steer, who does not look anything special. I think Siegrist is injured at the moment, but what does this say about him and our other young keepers. I know Given is on a big salary, but he is way better than these two if required to step in.

We have a good first choice called Brad Guzan.

Fixed.

Actually had too look 3 times then to see what you fixed. Spot on!  :thumb:

• Like 1

He will be our 2nd choice to a keeper who Sherwood has had as a 2nd choice since he came in.  Obvs i'm assuming Given has gone.  We already have a 3rd choice in Steer.  So i dont see the point in taking him unless Guzan is going.

maybe Sherwood put Given in the sticks for the last few games on the basis that he wanted an experienced head at the back rather than he didnt rate Guzan?

Because if he genuinely saw Given as his number one, why let him go?

Bunn is definatly second choice, I expect us to sign another 1st choice keeper too this window.

Sensible bit of business.

Tony Parks was previously keeper coach at Norwich so knows Bunn well and knows what we are getting so I'd imagine this is a signing on his recommendation.

Clearly coming in as number two with the departure of Given, only question is if he will be behind Guzan or someone else.

who is he going to be third choice keeper behind?

quite a surprised signing, nobody knew anything about this, nothing to complain about, its a welcome addition, no doubt alot cheaper than given.

Who the manager obviously doesn't rate very highly as he dropped him at one of the most crucial part of last season.

Sensible bit of business.

Tony Parks was previously keeper coach at Norwich so knows Bunn well and knows what we are getting so I'd imagine this is a signing on his recommendation.

Clearly coming in as number two with the departure of Given, only question is if he will be behind Guzan or someone else.

someone else is my bet

Â