Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

You don't understand how it works Hanoi.

You can't praise how well Leicester and Spurs did because they simply had too many key English players in their sides.The big sides that failed didn't have many English players, so you can't blame them. All that's left is to take a pop at the FA and the league as a whole.

yeah to suggest that Leicester benefited from a serious mental drop by the other teams in the league last year is just wrong, to suggest that the premier league is a more competitive league because the teams that are at the top suffer from a lack of consistency due mental drops is just plain wrong, our disdain for the europa league and drop in performance in the game after a EL game despite no other country or teams in europe doing the same being a mentality problem is wrong, also to suggest that the national team suffers because of mental issues during tournaments is clearly wrong because there is absolutely nothing wrong with english football

like i said carry on singing...

13-everything-is-awesom.w529.h352.jpg

leicester being unable to achieve the same level of success as they did last year because they overachieved and now have take their foot off the gas is obviously also wrong ;)  

In this mental schema, what would everything going right look like?

Because it's not Leicester winning the league - that means the league is shit, because the big teams were shit

And it's not Leicester sitting near the relegation zone - because that means Leicester are shit and lazy, and that reflects English teams

I suggest that your argument is flawed, not because it's wrong (I have no idea if it is or isn't) but because I don't believe there exists a theoretical league table that you wouldn't claim as proof that the league is shit. 

Reason English clubs can't do anything in Europe is that none of them can defend anymore.

Arsenal reached the final in 2006....they didn't concede a single goal in the knock out rounds until the final.

Man United and Chelsea in 2008 have amazing attacking players...Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Drogba, Lampard, Ballack etc yet both teams could go home and away and shut out teams, Man. United in the semis didn't concede one goal v Barca.

Liverpool were much the same under Benitez.

All English teams atm are weak defensively....you wouldn't trust any of them to keep a clean sheet against a Real Madrid or Barca and it's near impossible to outscore them over two legs.

Until English clubs learn the art of defending again none of them will be winning the CL.

It's much the same at international level when you see Portugal this summer.

Edit: I think Chelsea next season in the CL will have a good chance although Conte's results in the competition with Juventus were surprisingly mediocre. Apart from that probably have to wait until Simeone comes to the prem although looks more likely he'll go to Inter Milan first.

Atletico Madrid in the knockouts are textbook stuff for English clubs imo.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I see absolutely no indication that Premier League clubs will dominate in near future. Big money has been here a while as well

Well yes, but this is now BIG money, plus Pep too so unfortunately, at least one PL club could actually win the wretched thing. 

But having just watched a relatively young Dortmund side draw at Real Madrid, I know what I'd rather prefer.

On 12/6/2016 at 17:13, villa4europe said:

yeah to suggest that Leicester benefited from a serious mental drop by the other teams in the league last year is just wrong, to suggest that the premier league is a more competitive league because the teams that are at the top suffer from a lack of consistency due mental drops is just plain wrong, our disdain for the europa league and drop in performance in the game after a EL game despite no other country or teams in europe doing the same being a mentality problem is wrong, also to suggest that the national team suffers because of mental issues during tournaments is clearly wrong because there is absolutely nothing wrong with english football

When you have United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs fighting for 4 spots, why would you want to play another 15 games in the Europa League? Of course you take Champions League games more seriously, because the reward is not only being Champions of Europe, but you would have incredible pull in the transfer market. The reward for going through 15 games and winning the Europa League? Being in the Champions League. The exact same reward as finishing in the top 4. Except if you happen to have a bad day in the Europa League, it's over. A bad day in the league? Make it for it the next few weeks. 

As Hanoi said, of all the possible permutations of a Premier League table, every one will have an excuse as to why the Premier League is bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Said it before but Pogba, just don't see it.

I mean he clearly isn't rubbish, but relative to his reputation he is.

Agreed - I mean, he's in the price category of Ronaldo, Bale et al but really isn't anywhere that standard in terms of ability/what he offers to the team.

Guess he's still young, so could become amazing, but...

Â