Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

they still have Paul Robinson playing. a. he must be about 40 and b. he is actually crap and he was when in Premier League with West Brom about 15 years ago

I remember him scoring a last minute equaliser against us in a home game against the Baggies, 1-1, that must have been in like 2005.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

15 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't think he's crap but he's vastly overrated. I'd go Walcott. He hasn't go ant better since he was a teenager. 

I think you're right - Walcott hasn't got any better since he was a teenager!

If Rooney was a race horse, he'd be pet food by now.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

I don't think he's crap but he's vastly overrated. I'd go Walcott. He hasn't go ant better since he was a teenager. 

I think the problem is Rooney himself is an ok player but England manager after England manager can't see the detrimental impact he has on the team, he has no positional discipline at all, wants to play number 9 but also wants to go get the ball off the CBs, proper Roy of the rover rocket polisher

thing is IMO Gerrard for England was exactly the same, the media **** love it too! Look at them running round the pitch like a dog with 2 dicks...look at that passion...no, look at the big **** gap in our formation where he should be...look at how the bloke on the ball has no options now because they've gone and stood 5 yards away from him...look at how comfortable the opponents defence is because of it...

walcott is someone who should have left his top 4 easy life huge money guaranteed England call up safety net years ago but didn't and probably won't unless they force him out, was kind of linked to West Ham in the summer, bet that would be £30m and £150k a week, he's not worth anywhere near that, his problem is the same as gabbys, he's not good enough at football in the first place to be on the periphery (be it through injuries or because he's on the bench) he's robbing a living, probably because arsenal have such a slow team and because arsene for years got grief over lack of English players so has compensated for it by buying and keeping some bang average ones 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the problem is Rooney himself is an ok player but England manager after England manager can't see the detrimental impact he has on the team, he has no positional discipline at all, wants to play number 9 but also wants to go get the ball off the CBs, proper Roy of the rover rocket polisher

thing is IMO Gerrard for England was exactly the same, the media **** love it too! Look at them running round the pitch like a dog with 2 dicks...look at that passion...no, look at the big **** gap in our formation where he should be...look at how the bloke on the ball has no options now because they've gone and stood 5 yards away from him...look at how comfortable the opponents defence is because of it...

walcott is someone who should have left his top 4 easy life huge money guaranteed England call up safety net years ago but didn't and probably won't unless they force him out, was kind of linked to West Ham in the summer, bet that would be £30m and £150k a week, he's not worth anywhere near that, his problem is the same as gabbys, he's not good enough at football in the first place to be on the periphery (be it through injuries or because he's on the bench) he's robbing a living, probably because arsenal have such a slow team and because arsene for years got grief over lack of English players so has compensated for it by buying and keeping some bang average ones 

I agree with the Gerard comment, but I'd say the media are starting to question Rooney's involvement and role more than they ever did Gerrard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't he is either but relative to his profile and reputation what he actually contributes these days on a pitch he is rubbish.

• Like 3

I'll admit I haven't seen that many games with him, but from those I've seen I don't really see the greatness in Vincent Janssen of Spurs (Holland)

Still young, and good scoring record on paper, but done f all in the games I've seen

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'll admit I haven't seen that many games with him, but from those I've seen I don't really see the greatness in Vincent Janssen of Spurs (Holland)

Still young, and good scoring record on paper, but done f all in the games I've seen

well you havent been listening to Iain Dowie tonight who thinks he is brilliant. havent seen a thing in game to back him up

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Daryl Janmaat.

on my way to post the same thing, said it in Newcastle thread a few weeks back a cracking transfer removing this clown from the team. he cant defend at all and at times bombs forward and doesnt bother getting back

Just now, Zatman said:

well you havent been listening to Iain Dowie tonight who thinks he is brilliant. havent seen a thing in game to back him up

Watched on Swedish telly, didn't notice him all game, can't remember the commentators mentioning his name once...

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

on my way to post the same thing, said it in Newcastle thread a few weeks back a cracking transfer removing this clown from the team. he cant defend at all and at times bombs forward and doesnt bother getting back

Nonsense, have you not heard the scoop on this kid?

Best defender Newcastle have had since..erm...Beye.

Â