Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Rooney really has no business playing for a top 4 team anymore. It really is the end for him. Gone.

Agree entirely, he is an utterly spent force and even some top journo's are starting to admit it.

I find his inclusion in Utd's midfield at the weekend incomprehensible especially given Jose's comments in the summer.

He shouldn't be in the England or United side any more yet will probably be allowed to chug along in both until he is the top scorer in one or both's history. That will be some achievements but will mask what has been a pretty steep decline over the last 4 years that in most cases would have removed the possibility of adding to the totals.

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agree entirely, he is an utterly spent force and even some top journo's are starting to admit it.

I find his inclusion in Utd's midfield at the weekend incomprehensible especially given Jose's comments in the summer.

He shouldn't be in the England or United side any more yet will probably be allowed to chug along in both until he is the top scorer in one or both's history. That will be some achievements but will mask what has been a pretty steep decline over the last 4 years that in most cases would have removed the possibility of adding to the totals.

He'd be long gone from Utd if it wasn't for his agent demanding a new deal when they were in crisis. Can't rememeber what it was but rememeber MU could do without the hassle of him leaving. I bet they wish they'd not bothered now.

I actually came in here to post "Ross Barkley", he's looking like another from the Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair 'might be the next big thing' but once signing that big deal fail to push on.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

He'd be long gone from Utd if it wasn't for his agent demanding a new deal when they were in crisis. Can't rememeber what it was but rememeber MU could do without the hassle of him leaving. I bet they wish they'd not bothered now.

Totally agree, huge bit of opportunism from the Rooney camp and one which Ferguson seized upon with his own contract, that was the start of the end of Fergie.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

Totally agree, huge bit of opportunism from the Rooney camp and one which Ferguson seized upon with his own contract, that was the start of the end of Fergie.

IIRC he (Rooney) did it when Tevez left, and then again couple of years later but can't rememeber what the issue they were exploiting was second time around.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

IIRC he (Rooney) did it when Tevez left, and then again couple of years later but can't rememeber what the issue they were exploiting was second time around.

Just check out the article on the Mirror website today about Rooney's performance v Watford!!!! 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

First time was October 2010, he threatened to leave for Man. City and got a fat new 5 year deal out of it.

In fairness second time he was dropped and would've been sold by Fergie if he hadn't retired. At that time 2013 he was starting to decline and SAF could always spot that a mile off when you look at the times he sold key players.

But he got away with it and again got another 5 year deal from Moyes.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

First time was October 2010, he threatened to leave for Man. City and got a fat new 5 year deal out of it.

In fairness second time he was dropped and would've been sold by Fergie if he hadn't retired. At that time 2013 he was starting to decline and SAF could always spot that a mile off when you look at the times he sold key players.

But he got away with it and again got another 5 year deal from Moyes.

I was thinking about it on the way home and remembered what you said, it was just after SAF left. His agent again doing a great job for his client pouncing on the uncertainty at the club knowing if he big name star were to leave it would potentially really destabilise them. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Pogba. There I said what we are all thinking.

I said it when he signed I think he could be another Veron type signing though at least Veron showed glimpses of what he could do

Â