GENTLEMAN

The shocking keepers are what's putting me off buying this. They do seem to just let everything fly past them. Urgh 

Ye the goalies are the worst I've ever seen which is a pain as when they do make the odd save the animations are class and they are capable of proper wonder saves, this game needs a patch to save it as it has the potential to be great but it's let down by goalies, dumb defenders and shocking scripting.

I think this game has a lot of problems. I'm enjoying playing it, but I wonder if I'll still be playing it in 6 weeks time. 

The keepers are absolutely awful and it's far too easy to score. In La Liga I'm literally winning every game something like 5-2.

Mechanically the collision system is poor, when you collide with the COM your player is basically frozen whilst the COM skips around you. 

Whenever the COM makes a clearance from the back, 9/10 is ends up being a perfect ball into space to a full back or midfielder, it's just unrealistic. 

Some teams are pretty much unplayable and the only way to win is by kicking them off the field l(ike Bayern and Barca). OK, fine, in real life they can be like this. But in my last season Barca only lost one game (to me!), in my second top flight season they have only lost one game (again to me), I've won every single game this season and the only way to win the league, seemingly, is to do the double over Barca. Now Barca are good in real life but they lose more than once/twice a season and certainly drop points to lesser sides. 

I also think the off field stuff is pretty appalling. How can the likes of Drogba and Eto'o start as among the best players on the game with really high ratings? Why is it that the valuation system is just so unrealistic? Drogba's market value was like £15m at the start of my game and Barry got sold for £11m!!

On top of this, the 'roster' update was a total farce and the colour pallet for the unlicensed teams just smacks of laziness. 

I guess with the in-game purchases of MyClub, the incentive to actually address real gaming issues disappears somewhat. Sorry but Konami is just a totally shite and half-arsed company nowadays, I really hope it goes under.  

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this?  I'm getting either PES or FIFA but undecided...  PES seems the better option, but being far too easy really puts me off.  Has there been a patch to resolve anything mentioned recently?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Any updates on this?  I'm getting either PES or FIFA but undecided...  PES seems the better option, but being far too easy really puts me off.  Has there been a patch to resolve anything mentioned recently?

There is an update out today I believe 

On 12/2/2015, 12:31:49, bobzy said:

I'd say PES. I have both on Xbox One and PES is much better. FIFA is easier to find a game but it's not really much of a game.

What do you mean far too easy? It's not far too easy on the highest mode in single player.

As yet I've not tried the new patch but I personally haven't had too many problems with keepers, the biggest problem I have is the mechanical aspect being more important than the football one. But I guess that what the key FIFA component is.

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise.  Really enjoying it. My squad at the moment

GK

Ter Stegen
Oblak

RB

Carvajal
Bellerin

LB

Amavi

CB

Richards
Marquinhos
Okore
Ilori

CM

Verrati
Veretout
Gueye
Can

Wide Midfield

Adama
Gil
Oxlade-Chamberlain

Attacking Mid

Isco
Menez

Strikers

Remy
Ayew
Aboubakar
Zaza

Likewise.  Really enjoying it. My squad at the moment

GK

Ter Stegen

Oblak

RB

Carvajal

Bellerin

LB

Amavi

CB

Richards

Marquinhos

Okore

Ilori

CM

Verrati

Veretout

Gueye

Can

Wide Midfield

Adama

Gil

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Attacking Mid

Isco

Menez

Strikers

Remy

Ayew

Aboubakar

Zaza

Try sign a CM called Teixrea(sp?) Guy is class hes rated at 80 at 18 and now hes 86 at 19 and keeps improving.

• Like 1

I started a master league as Forest but with the PES original players. Some of them develop into decent players. I'm cruising the league by 20 points but all of a sudden the AI has figured me out and now I'm only narrowly winning instead of thumping everyone.

What I enjoying about this game is that the overall rating isn't the be all and end all. Your style of play dictates which players work best for you.

All avenues of attack are viable, although I haven't scored from many crosses or corners. And the AI is good.

Building a team in master league is still really fun though and you can score some really satisfying goals.

• Like 1

I started a master league as Forest but with the PES original players. Some of them develop into decent players. I'm cruising the league by 20 points but all of a sudden the AI has figured me out and now I'm only narrowly winning instead of thumping everyone.

What I enjoying about this game is that the overall rating isn't the be all and end all. Your style of play dictates which players work best for you.

All avenues of attack are viable, although I haven't scored from many crosses or corners. And the AI is good.

Building a team in master league is still really fun though and you can score some really satisfying goals.

Makes the game great when the AI figure you out. I was also cruising through games mainly against the lower teams but now im having to actually try and outplay them or hit them on counter

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

First season in Master League and I did alright in the transfer market. Team shaping up really nicely. Got rid of Richardson, Sinclair, Hutton and a few other wasters and signed Danilo, Simone Pepe and Rodrigo. Got an 8M offer for Agbonlahor which in the real world would have been surreal but he's good in this game and I need his utility. Also Carles Gil is a perfect personification of his real life counterpart, and Adama is as well to a lesser extent and is so much fun to play with. Will try to bolster the midfield in the January window and see how that goes. Right now I beat the relegation contenders quite comfortably but get thumped by the big boys (lost 4-2 and 4-0 to Arsenal and Chelsea respectively) which makes me think I'll finish around midtable. Didn't realize how fun this mode was, neglected it for years :lol: . My starting XI looks something like this. Sometimes I play 4-2-3-1 with Adama and Pepe on the wings as well.

Guzan

Danilo    Okore  Lescott    Amavi

Gana

Veretout                Westwood

Gil

Ayew        Rodrigo

• Like 1

Save file got corrupted, so I had to start over. Made mostly the same buys, but left out Pepe who didn't really fit the squad and hampered Traore's development. Managed to snag Cassano who's been a real steal. Also Richards is just a beast at RB, idk why I spent so much money on a new RB (luckily not the very expensive Danilo this time, but Julian Korb). Guess real world unfortunate situations clouded my judgement a bit there. Similarly Gabby is a very good squad player, got a 9M offer from Besiktas or someone that I had to turn down. He's basically been untouched since PEs 2010 :lol: . Bacuna is also a superb squad player and actually looks and plays like the 6'2 that he really is :lol: . Found a nice balance to the starting XI now with Gana holding (dude is absolutely everywhere on the pitch, like the real life Gana but on Leicester City drugs) and Veretout and Gil pushing up to support the front 3. Rodrigo is the star of the show. Quick, nimble and great movement and finishing. He's the striker Gabby should have been.

I've been wondering though, how do you develop young/academy players? I want Grealish to realize his potential but he's only rated like 66 and doesn't really play like his real-life counterpart. Do edits made in the game carry over to ML? Or are there other ways to sort of level up players?

Â