GENTLEMAN

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I used to hear John Champion say Aston Villa in previous iterations (after I install the patch of course). I think they just record him saying the names from other sources which is why he used to sound awkward. Then again, Drury sounds very natural when he's saying them so I'll have to try facing Villa tonight to see if you're right.

Maybe it's a patch thing then. They're not legally allowed to use the team names, written or spoken. That's why they're all called random names.

You couldn't call us West Midlands Village and then have the commentator call us Villa anyway. It defies the point.

• Like 1

You have to select the commentary name from a list. A quite extensive list of UK places actually, even 'Tamworth' is on there.

I've had to settle for Man City to be called 'Manchester' but all the others sound fine except for Villa and Arsenal.

They even got around West Ham by having an option of 'Westham'

• Like 2

Just finished my first season. Bit of a mixed bag, but very promising. Ended up finishing 9th after missing out on Europa League places by 1 point by drawing with Stoke on the final day r0sjGc8.png?1. Also made it to the semifinal of the Cup (which the board deem unacceptable for some reason :lol: ), knocked out by City who I managed to do the double over in the PL. I got smacked by all the top 6 clubs except for City and United (who play hilarious long ball football for some reason, which was really easy to deal with), including a 7-1 destruction at the hands of champions Chelsea. At one point I went on a 7 game win streak in the PL (8 in all comps) and sat in the top 4 for a while. Then I realized it was because I must have accidentally lowered the difficulty to Professional 0onl36y.png?1.

Had some major calls to make in the January window. I was deep in the red thanks to the Cassano signing and had some offers for some of my important players. Porto bid 11M for Westwood and I was close to selling until he acquired the Maestro role. I had a 9M bid for Richards and a 7M bid for D. Veron. On deadline day I decided to do a deal with Ajax to sell Richards for 6M plus Bazoer who is a 74 rated 19 year old CB. I also sold Veron who is 33 and used the proceeds to buy Marquinhos. I think I did very well indeed. Now my CBs are Okore, Marquinhos, Bazoer and Lescott (who acquired the General role, so I took him off the transfer list :lol: ). I promoted Julian Korb from the bench and have Bacuna and Marquinhos as cover for RB so I'm not too concerned right now. In the summer I accepted bids for Agbonlahor and Clark which I accepted and am currently using the funds to negotiate for Ozil :D . Been trying for Breel Embolo all year long but his club just doesn't want to sell him to me. It sucks that you can't adjust the bids as I could really tempt them. I also bought Felipe Anderson for 12M who I'm sure is going to be huge for me. He already developed into 83 OPR from 80 at the start of the season and I hope to turn him world class.

Adama was just a beast for me, such a joy to play with. Haven't played with classic wingers since my PES 2011 days when I used to rip it up with Young, Downing and Albrighton. Shame he got injured in March all the way till the last game of the season. Up to that point he had 19 goals and 19 assists, and still ended up with the most assists in the league. Cassano who I made my captain has also been a revelation. Chipped in with 20 goals and was just the perfect foil for Adama and Ayew. Ayew got 19 goals himself from the left and Rodrigo who I had to rotate with Cassano also notched 19. Gabby came through with 16 as well mostly from the bench. This led me to realize I really rely on my front line. Apart from 6 goals from Gil, and a few at the end of the season from Gana, there were no goals from midfield. I'm going to be working on adapting and hopefully moving on from my counter-attacking style. I rely too much on Adama's pace, as my form took a huge hit when he got injured. Gabby on the right just wasn't the same at all. Special mention goes out to Gana who is an animal. The guy is everywhere on the pitch, winning the ball back and driving forward to link up with the attack. Teixeira is also very good in the same respect and he's only getting better at 19. Okore is another who's progressing very well, at 77 OPR up from 74. He plays exactly like he does in real life, calm, authoritative and quick. His partnership with Marquinhos is superb and they're only going to get better. 

This mode is so much fun, now I see why it's so loved along with FM. Really looking forward to making an assault on those European places this year p21d1r8.png

• Like 1

Just finished my first season. Bit of a mixed bag, but very promising. Ended up finishing 9th after missing out on Europa League places by 1 point by drawing with Stoke on the final day r0sjGc8.png?1. Also made it to the semifinal of the Cup (which the board deem unacceptable for some reason [emoji38] ), knocked out by City who I managed to do the double over in the PL. I got smacked by all the top 6 clubs except for City and United (who play hilarious long ball football for some reason, which was really easy to deal with), including a 7-1 destruction at the hands of champions Chelsea. At one point I went on a 7 game win streak in the PL (8 in all comps) and sat in the top 4 for a while. Then I realized it was because I must have accidentally lowered the difficulty to Professional 0onl36y.png?1.

Had some major calls to make in the January window. I was deep in the red thanks to the Cassano signing and had some offers for some of my important players. Porto bid 11M for Westwood and I was close to selling until he acquired the Maestro role. I had a 9M bid for Richards and a 7M bid for D. Veron. On deadline day I decided to do a deal with Ajax to sell Richards for 6M plus Bazoer who is a 74 rated 19 year old CB. I also sold Veron who is 33 and used the proceeds to buy Marquinhos. I think I did very well indeed. Now my CBs are Okore, Marquinhos, Bazoer and Lescott (who acquired the General role, so I took him off the transfer list [emoji38] ). I promoted Julian Korb from the bench and have Bacuna and Marquinhos as cover for RB so I'm not too concerned right now. In the summer I accepted bids for Agbonlahor and Clark which I accepted and am currently using the funds to negotiate for Ozil [emoji3] . Been trying for Breel Embolo all year long but his club just doesn't want to sell him to me. It sucks that you can't adjust the bids as I could really tempt them. I also bought Felipe Anderson for 12M who I'm sure is going to be huge for me. He already developed into 83 OPR from 80 at the start of the season and I hope to turn him world class.

Adama was just a beast for me, such a joy to play with. Haven't played with classic wingers since my PES 2011 days when I used to rip it up with Young, Downing and Albrighton. Shame he got injured in March all the way till the last game of the season. Up to that point he had 19 goals and 19 assists, and still ended up with the most assists in the league. Cassano who I made my captain has also been a revelation. Chipped in with 20 goals and was just the perfect foil for Adama and Ayew. Ayew got 19 goals himself from the left and Rodrigo who I had to rotate with Cassano also notched 19. Gabby came through with 16 as well mostly from the bench. This led me to realize I really rely on my front line. Apart from 6 goals from Gil, and a few at the end of the season from Gana, there were no goals from midfield. I'm going to be working on adapting and hopefully moving on from my counter-attacking style. I rely too much on Adama's pace, as my form took a huge hit when he got injured. Gabby on the right just wasn't the same at all. Special mention goes out to Gana who is an animal. The guy is everywhere on the pitch, winning the ball back and driving forward to link up with the attack. Teixeira is also very good in the same respect and he's only getting better at 19. Okore is another who's progressing very well, at 77 OPR up from 74. He plays exactly like he does in real life, calm, authoritative and quick. His partnership with Marquinhos is superb and they're only going to get better. 

This mode is so much fun, now I see why it's so loved along with FM. Really looking forward to making an assault on those European places this year p21d1r8.png

United play hoofball on mine also but only have Hernandez upfront its so easy to beat them. Everton are the hardest team for me to beat on mine.

Im in my 3rd season now, signed Ronaldo (Brazilian), Ortega and Alaba.

Laporte and Stones are my CBs

• Like 1

Summer 2016:

In: Ozil, Felipe Anderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Embolo (after like 10 tries)

Out: Kozak, Agbonlahor, Clark, Sanchez Cole, Bunn

Squad:

GK: Guzan

CB: Marquinhos, Okore, Bazoer, Lescott

RB: Korb, Bacuna

LB: Amavi (really need to strengthen, or alternatively look for a reincarnated LB like Williamson :lol: )

CM: Gana, Teixeira, Westwood, Veretout

AM: Ozil, Gil

WF: Adama, Anderson, Ox

SS: Cassano

FW: Rodrigo, Embolo, Ayew

CM and LB looking particuarly week right now. Really need to make some astute buys in January.

Edited by Keyblade

I stopped playing this after I won 3 leagues and champions leagues in a row with my Villareal side, I lost 2 league games in that period LOL (this on the highest level of difficulty btw).

I'm tempted to give it another go, I think I'm going to download that kit patch and start with Villa (not using Villa players of course). In a bid to make it harder I think I might restrict signings to players under 20 only.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

I stopped playing this after I won 3 leagues and champions leagues in a row with my Villareal side, I lost 2 league games in that period LOL (this on the highest level of difficulty btw).

I'm tempted to give it another go, I think I'm going to download that kit patch and start with Villa (not using Villa players of course). In a bid to make it harder I think I might restrict signings to players under 20 only.

It does become pretty easy after awhile even on top level difficulty.

Not a bad idea that, i may do something similar.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm currently unbeaten 10 or so games in, joint top of the league, hopefully I'm not already reaching that :lol: . I'm limiting myself to 1 big signing per window. Trying to develop younger players instead. I had a chance to sign Iniesta but decided not to as I have already signed Ozil this window. I won't even go for him in the next one, instead I'll try to develop Teixeira and Veretout.

Also my style completely changed. I'm a mini-Arsenal now (though I had to revert to a counter-attack against the real deal...drew 2-2 so I'm definitely making progress). There are a lot of hoof-ball teams in the league now. With QPR and Hull coming up along with West Ham, Newcastle and especially Man Utd. It's so easy to deal with and I make them look like children with my slick passing and interplay.

The regen system is hilarious but I love it. I got a 74 rated reincarnated 16 y/o Tim Howard in my youth system which basically solved my GK problem for free :lol: . I also have Carrick which I've integrated into my first team who will be taking over from Westwood soon (that irony) as well as Michael Essien and Mexes who I've sent on loan. I also sold players like Pienaar and Simone Pepe for decent sums of money so now I have a nice source of income cuz I'm always broke.

Currently sitting 3rd about exactly the same time of the season we're currently at irl. Lost 3 times I think (4 in all comps), 3 of those were to Chelsea who just destroy me every time. If Costa gets a touch in the box it's curtains, the dude is hella quick too it's ridiculous. They also have Thiago Silva and Yaya Toure to ensure I can barely penetrate them (giggity). Not bad though. Felipe Anderson is currently ripping it up, 2nd in the goal scoring chart from LWF. Adama also being Adama, Embolo beasting up front (I scored an M'Bokani bullet backheel with him the other day) and Ozil providing that extra bit of quality means I'm on a different level from last year. Also have great squad depth with people Oxlade-Chamberlain and Rodrigo coming off the bench or rotating when there is fatigue. Also that young CB Bazoer is superb, able to play CM, DM and LB just as well (and better) as he can CB. Great utility player. I think I can finally let Bacuna go now, as I have regular 7M+ bids coming in for him which I always reject. Things are shaping up nicely, really enjoying ML.

The regen system is hilarious but I love it. I got a 74 rated reincarnated 16 y/o Tim Howard in my youth system which basically solved my GK problem for free [emoji38] . I also have Carrick which I've integrated into my first team who will be taking over from Westwood soon (that irony) as well as Michael Essien and Mexes who I've sent on loan. I also sold players like Pienaar and Simone Pepe for decent sums of money so now I have a nice source of income cuz I'm always broke.

Currently sitting 3rd about exactly the same time of the season we're currently at irl. Lost 3 times I think (4 in all comps), 3 of those were to Chelsea who just destroy me every time. If Costa gets a touch in the box it's curtains, the dude is hella quick too it's ridiculous. They also have Thiago Silva and Yaya Toure to ensure I can barely penetrate them (giggity). Not bad though. Felipe Anderson is currently ripping it up, 2nd in the goal scoring chart from LWF. Adama also being Adama, Embolo beasting up front (I scored an M'Bokani bullet backheel with him the other day) and Ozil providing that extra bit of quality means I'm on a different level from last year. Also have great squad depth with people Oxlade-Chamberlain and Rodrigo coming off the bench or rotating when there is fatigue. Also that young CB Bazoer is superb, able to play CM, DM and LB just as well (and better) as he can CB. Great utility player. I think I can finally let Bacuna go now, as I have regular 7M+ bids coming in for him which I always reject. Things are shaping up nicely, really enjoying ML.

I had Carrick and Lampard other day and now Klose regen who is class already

• Like 1

Finally let Richards go in 18/19 season, signed Marquinhos on a free. Only Gil and Agbonlahor left now from original squad but ill keep them.

Good tip to check free agents in the summer window.

Berradi is now rated 89, probably my best signing

• Like 1

I have Gil and Amavi flourishing now, 'about to make a breakthrough'. Amavi is like a second winger now. His speed is like 86 now, and alongside Felipe Anderson I probably have the fastest left flank in the game banderas.png

Just need to sign Bellerin now and with Adama I'll have the same on the right too :lol: . Ozil's been injured for a couple of weeks which gave Gil that starting AM berth and there's no bumping him off now. Need to start playing 4-3-2-1 to accomodate bothboth of them now that Ozil's back.

I have Gil and Amavi flourishing now, 'about to make a breakthrough'. Amavi is like a second winger now. His speed is like 86 now, and alongside Felipe Anderson I probably have the fastest left flank in the game banderas.png

Just need to sign Bellerin now and with Adama I'll have the same on the right too [emoji38] . Ozil's been injured for a couple of weeks which gave Gil that starting AM berth and there's no bumping him off now. Need to start playing 4-3-2-1 to accomodate bothboth of them now that Ozil's back.

Gils through ball is quality.

Signed Di Maria as backup to Berrardi and Reus for LWF. Ronaldo is now rated at 96 and is in beastmode

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Gils through ball is quality.

Signed Di Maria as backup to Berrardi and Reus for LWF. Ronaldo is now rated at 96 and is in beastmode

I had the chance to sign Di Maria for like 12M (as well as a deal for Iniesta lined up) but thought against it as I had just bought Ozil. Don't wanna make things too easy now :lol: . Will definitely try going for Berrardi in the summer, he looks quality. 

I had the chance to sign Di Maria for like 12M (as well as a deal for Iniesta lined up) but thought against it as I had just bought Ozil. Don't wanna make things too easy now [emoji38] . Will definitely try going for Berrardi in the summer, he looks quality. 

Di Maria was 13m but im in 18/19 season so hes probably past his best.

Berrardi is probably 1 of the best on the game mate real quality.

Games getting too easy now so may start a new 1 after this season with under 21s only or something similar.

• Like 1

Â