GENTLEMAN

22 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Di Maria was 13m but im in 18/19 season so hes probably past his best.

Berrardi is probably 1 of the best on the game mate real quality.

Games getting too easy now so may start a new 1 after this season with under 21s only or something similar.

Have you ever tried signing Odegaard? He's available for about 5M right now, I might go for him too. He's 17 in my save right now I think and 75 OR.

Have you ever tried signing Odegaard? He's available for about 5M right now, I might go for him too. He's 17 in my save right now I think and 75 OR.

No mate although hes 79 on mine i think, not sure how high he develops to either.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YGabbana said:

No mate although hes 79 on mine i think, not sure how high he develops to either.

He was rated 5M but they were asking for about 10! Managed to get him for 3M + Bacuna though so it's all good :D 

Also I play on PC mate, only offline.

Started again, having not played this for about 6 weeks, with Villa in the master league. All I can say is that playing with the 'originals' can be unbelievably painful because the majority of them are just that damn bad. I won one in the first 7 but then picked it up and am now top about 3/4's of the way through the season. When I win it tends to be something like 4-2 or 5-3, I've scored over 100 goals so far but have conceded something ridiculous like 64 LOL.

I have Ulloa and K. Boateng on loan who are beasts in this division and a couple of other loan signings to plug some gaps (no more than ratings of 70). I am finding it impossible to sign players though, clubs won't even let me lodge a bid, although did manage to sign Afobe (I boosted him to 71) but it cost me about £3m after weeks of 'negotiating'. The transfer system on this game is ridiculous. 

Also I've noticed subtle differences with the latest patch, the keepers are still shite but it's much harder to launch my usual 'Street Fighter' defensive tactic of kicking the shit out of the opposition. The COM seems to stand up to challenges much stronger and they frankly get away with murder when it comes to their own fouls!

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I'm in my 3rd season now, and it's getting tougher if anything, it's great. Finished 2nd last season but instead of being in a title race, a bad start to the season means I'm in a mad scrap for a CL spot with Arsenal and Liverpool. Will post in more detail a bit later.

I have a Villa master league. Gestede, Richards, Westwood, Amavi, Gueye and Sanchez are all excellent.

Score so many by playing chipped through balls from the byline. Chipped through ball full stop is so powerful with Agbonlahor on the wing.

• Like 1

So my second season was a relative success and definitely delivered on the promise of the first. Finished 2nd on goal difference (tied with 3rd place, not first :lol: , Chelsea were a good 7-10 points ahead of us), but disappointingly knocked out of the cup in the second round by...Chelsea, the bane of my ML existence. Scored something like 115 goals :lol: but conceded like 60 something. Key players were Felipe Anderson (who just finished 1 goal shy of the Golden Boot) along with Gana and Amavi who was barely rotated because I had no other LB (occasionally I'd play Bazoer there though). 

The main reason I did so well that season is because of the depth in my squad. I had equally capable players in most positions. I could rotate my AM between Ozil and Gil, RWF between Adama and Ox and strikers between Embolo, Rodrigo, Cassano and Ayew (who I rotated more with Anderson on the left but still). Cassano in particular was used sparingly which is probably the biggest indication of how far my squad had come along as he was absolutely crucial in the first season. I had a nice run of good form which had my TS at 99 which is why I finished the season so strongly, but as I'd find out the next season, things weren't as rosy as they seemed and I had glaring holes in my squad.

• Like 1

So, summer of the 3rd season rolls along and I'm busy in the market once again...especially with a bit of dosh now from my 2nd place finish. Out go Lescott, Guzan, Bacuna and reluctantly Cassano. In come Bellerin, Kondogbia, Odegaard and S. Larsson (no not the ex SHA shithouse, this is like a 20 y/o 80 rated left footed winger with great dribbling stats, meant to rotate with Anderson). Looking good right? No. I still didn't have a backup for Amavi, nor did I replace Lescott who I sold later in the window. Not that I didn't have any players in mind. It was silly of me to let go of Lescott so late as I was trying to replace him with Varane but kept getting shot down by Madrid. Similarly, the LB I was chasing, Gutierrez was seemingly important to his club too. But he was rated 5M and looked to have high potential and I didn't want to spend too much money on a LB so I kept trying. Needless to say, neither of these transfers materialized by the end of the window. 

So the season starts and I win the first game comfortably enough. Everything is looking good. Things started to get difficult. Firstly the newly promoted teams, Burnley, Cardiff and 1 other I can't remember were much stronger than in previous years. They no longer hoof it up to D.J Campbell or w/e :lol: but really cut you open with measured diagonals and such. So I couldn't really play my newly developed possession game on them as they would counter me so easily. Had to switch up the way I played. But not before I lost a few more games. I also had injuries to Marquinhos and Kondogbia early in the season, and I ended up losing something like 5 of my first 10-12, including a very nasty one to West Brom (who annoyingly have Berrardi now) and yet another pasting by Chelsea. Also, to make matters worse, I was  drawn into a group of death in the CL with Real Madrid and Juventus. The fixtures were coming thick and fast and Amavi along with Okore and Bazoer (my only 2 fit CBs) were struggling to cope. Luckily, I started to adapt my tactics and started to fare better. I went on something like a 4 month unbeaten run with only like 2 draws in there and clawed myself up to 3rd.

Meanwhile, in the CL I demolished Dynamo Zagreb in the first game and had Juventus in the second. I absolutely battered them too, (they play weird United-esque long ball football), but was stunned at the death by a clever back-heeled goal by Moratta, ugh. I also lost to Madrid the next round, narrowly like 4-3 or something. So I was sitting on 4 points tied with Juventus so far (who've had identical results). Next match rolls along and it's Madrid again, and the game is almost identical to the last match. This time, I come from behind and win it at the death with heroics from Embolo. I ended up winning the group as I went on to comfortably beat Juventus and Zagreb in the next games. 

Speaking of Embolo. Holy ***** this guy is immense. I was initially planning on signing Benteke at some point, but what's the point. This guy is already just as good and is still only 21 and getting better. He has Adama's speed (no seriously, he's like 91 speed and 90 explosive power now) along with Gil's dribbling, Benteke's strength and ridiculous shooting capabilities. He's almost unstoppable. He's currently sitting all alone with like 38 goals and the season isn't even done with. Something like 50 in all comps, ridiculous. The amount of times he's saved me with absolute world class plays innumerable. Like, Benteke 12/13 levels. Also a special shoutout to that Larsson fella who just made that LW spot his own. Sorry Anderson, but you're gonna have to put in that work. Anderson is all about using his blistering pace and cutting inside for a shot on goal, but Larsson's game is more nuanced than that and he links up really well with Amavi and also likes to pop up at the back post for goals. Also Kondogbia is just amazing and I really struggle without him, he's absolutely pivotal for me along with Gana (who's now a General, what up). Teixeira is kinda disappointing, he's really slow and he disappears a lot in games. I might end up selling him and replace him with baby Essien who I have out on loan.

Anyway, in January I managed to finally get Varane and Gutierrez (but for almost 10M instead of his market value of 5M). I also sold Ayew and Ox and replaced him with El-Ghazi who is still developing and just as good. Also promoted a baby Weidenfeller from the youth team as well as a 75 rated 16 y/o Aduriz :lol: . Sent him out on loan which I kinda regret because after selling Ayew, I only have Embolo and Rodrigo as recognized CF's. Been much more comfortable since then, but things started to hit a snag again. Lost to City as well as terrible defeats to West Brom (yes they did the double over me) and Stoke meant I fell from 3rd to 5th and am now in a battle to the death with Liverpool and Arsenal over that 4th spot. It's absolutely crucial I make it so things are really starting to get heated. Seriously, this mode is thoroughly enjoyable and while I've seen people say it gets too easy, for me it's anything but and I'm almost done with my 3rd season. It's been a challenge just to consolidate myself as a CL team, let alone start winning things. However, I'm in the semi's of the cup against the surprise package of the season, Hull who are not far behind me in 6th. As well as having despatched Atleti 4-1 away in the first leg, so I'm all but guaranteed a place in the quarters. So it's definitely not a disaster of a season, but there's still a lot of work to do. Gonna be fun building a team over almost a decade.

As you can probably tell, I am thoroughly bored at work :lol: . I'm out here writing novels and *****    glopE0J.png?1

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 3

Still in my first season (div 2), I've basically flogged most of the squad to raise around 8 million, putting me at £12m based on money from home matches. However I didn't realise that I sold all my keepers LOL, it only dawned on me when I found that my keeper was even more shite than usual and discovered it was Canning (or whatever his name is) playing in goal. Pretty funny, still didn't stop me winning though.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I played my whole first season with only Guzan and was wondering what happened if he got injured, would an outfield player go in? I didn't want to be subjected to that horror so I promoted a young Tim Howard :lol: . But then again, the keepers barely save anything so it really doesn't make a difference (they do get better with form and TS though).

Laptop gave up on me out of nowhere, I knew I should have backed up my save, ugh. I was itching to play this weekend as I have a CL semi second leg, + 2 crucial last PL fixtures to secure top 4 (currently sitting 4th ahead of Liverpool by 1 point after beating them in the previous round. 1 of those 2 final games is Spurs who always give me a hard time) and an FA Cup Final left to play in this season. It was a nice escape from the Villa reality while it lasted :( 

Just shows what a great game it is that you have to adapt every season.

Ive not played this week but will be tommorow, currently in 4th season i think. Ive got Ronaldo Inzaghi and Lobato as my strikers. May sell inzaghi and get embolo

• Like 1

I enjoyed Master League for the brief time I played it. But I just put PES down one week and never picked it back up.

Once I'm done with Witcher 3 I'll plough some time back into this.

Not a huge fan of football games online (I don't like losing, and I'm shite) but could see myself enjoying Master League once I get into it.

Embolo is incredible, can turn any game on its head.  I should have turned legends on. Would love to play with a regen Ronaldo. I mean other retired players are regenerated so what's the diff?

I always turn legends on mate, they are their for our enjoyment arnt they? Ronaldo is incredible plays much like the real thing, think i got him for 21m when he was in OTHERS and not signed by anyone yet.

Ill finish the season out and then start a new save with u21s only to make it alot harder

• Like 1

Â