GENTLEMAN

Yea just have to keep playing them. Grealish has poor potential though so he wont get a much higher rating.

A.Lobato and Teixera are the best 2 ive signed. Got Jack Butland, Jagielka and Defoe and Rio Ferdinand regens through my acadamy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Save file got corrupted, so I had to start over. Made mostly the same buys, but left out Pepe who didn't really fit the squad and hampered Traore's development. Managed to snag Cassano who's been a real steal. Also Richards is just a beast at RB, idk why I spent so much money on a new RB (luckily not the very expensive Danilo this time, but Julian Korb). Guess real world unfortunate situations clouded my judgement a bit there. Similarly Gabby is a very good squad player, got a 9M offer from Besiktas or someone that I had to turn down. He's basically been untouched since PEs 2010 :lol: . Bacuna is also a superb squad player and actually looks and plays like the 6'2 that he really is :lol: . Found a nice balance to the starting XI now with Gana holding (dude is absolutely everywhere on the pitch, like the real life Gana but on Leicester City drugs) and Veretout and Gil pushing up to support the front 3. Rodrigo is the star of the show. Quick, nimble and great movement and finishing. He's the striker Gabby should have been.

I've been wondering though, how do you develop young/academy players? I want Grealish to realize his potential but he's only rated like 66 and doesn't really play like his real-life counterpart. Do edits made in the game carry over to ML? Or are there other ways to sort of level up players?

If you edit players before you start your master league then they do carry over.

In terms of developing them, you just have to play them, and keep playing them, ratings for players with potential will increment by 2-3 points each season and when they make 'their breakthrough' they have the capacity to get a big bump.

What I tend to do is once my players about to 'breakthrough' I will often play them up front (unless it's a keeper) - it's the best way to ensure that they get a high rating each match (goals and assists), sounds silly but it works quite well. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If you edit players before you start your master league then they do carry over.

In terms of developing them, you just have to play them, and keep playing them, ratings for players with potential will increment by 2-3 points each season and when they make 'their breakthrough' they have the capacity to get a big bump.

What I tend to do is once my players about to 'breakthrough' I will often play them up front (unless it's a keeper) - it's the best way to ensure that they get a high rating each match (goals and assists), sounds silly but it works quite well. 

I was aware of this, I meant like if I edit mid-season in the main game, will the changes port over to ML. I guess I'll have to try it tonight when I get home. Hopefully it does, I don't want to have to sign another winger/AM. I need a CB and a CM in January.

Adama is really good when he's fresh, but he tends to tire even during games and loses  effectiveness. Works really well with Micah bombing ahead of him as they tend to confuse defenders. Which one do they stick with? Gil and Veretout are there to find them too, both lovely players. I wish they could reach that potential in real life. In time I guess :lol:

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I bought Carvajal for the RB position and he is very effective with Adama. Adama creates space for Carvajal who has a great cross on him. Usually Remy or Ayew get on the end of it for me.

Yep, an Ayew header at the back post from an Adama/Richards cross works at least once a game :D 

I only persist with Ayew because I love him irl, but he's really slow in this game and isn't as good a dribbler. Coming from the left and getting on the end of crosses he's still great though (even if Gabby and Rodrigo are still probably more effective at that).

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I was aware of this, I meant like if I edit mid-season in the main game, will the changes port over to ML. I guess I'll have to try it tonight when I get home. Hopefully it does, I don't want to have to sign another winger/AM. I need a CB and a CM in January.

Adama is really good when he's fresh, but he tends to tire even during games and loses  effectiveness. Works really well with Micah bombing ahead of him as they tend to confuse defenders. Which one do they stick with? Gil and Veretout are there to find them too, both lovely players. I wish they could reach that potential in real life. In time I guess :lol:

Fairly certain you can't, I think I tried that before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Yep, an Ayew header at the back post from an Adama/Richards cross works at least once a game :D 

I only persist with Ayew because I love him irl, but he's really slow in this game and isn't as good a dribbler. Coming from the left and getting on the end of crosses he's still great though (even if Gabby and Rodrigo are still probably more effective at that).

Weirdly Ayew is very good for me. Not amazingly quick but quick enough and very hard to get the ball off. Him and Remy work well together.

• Like 1

Teixeira's OPR increased after his first game, in a 4-3 loss to Everton :lol:.Not a bad start. Westwood is a squad player for me but is rated 80 (lots of Westwood apologists at Konami I guess). Should I cash in or not, hmmm. I like Westy though :( .

Funniest thing I noticed so far is random reserves OPR increasing. Joe Cole went up by 2 despite not even playing a single minute. Then out of the blue I get a notification that more fans are turning up just to see Cole play (he doesn't) and that shirt sales are increasing and he's become a star player :crylaugh:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Trying to update all the kits etc but my PlayStation flatly refuses to read either of my USB sticks. Tried in FAT32 and exfat format too emoji35.png

I had that problem.

Eventually I found one that worked.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I had that problem.

Eventually I found one that worked.

Turns out the USB wasn't fully inserted because of that stupid indent that the port is in.  I literally had to lift the lip above it and force the stick in.  Got my nice kits now though :)

Just spent most the night editing. Very frustrating that you can't get the commentators to say 'Arsenal' or 'Villa' but everyone else as place names are catered for.

Was very hard to resist calling Blues 'Small Heath' and not name their ground 'The Sty'.

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed this. I played Hull in the cup yesterday and the announcer had no trouble saying Hull, but I've never heard him say Villa once. I thought it was because they were my team and he kinda just narrates almost from my perspective. I'll have to face Villa in an exhibition match to see for sure :lol:

I imagine that's just a rights thing. EA have the rights for the English team names (apart from Man Utd). But you can't buy the rights for a city's name. So when it's Hull, the commentator can say "Hull". But he can't say "Villa", because they don't have the rights to the VIlla bit.

He could say Aston, I'm sure. But it would sound a bit weird.

• Like 1

Â