The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Despite the direction of the leadership, Labour do have good people in their ranks (something the Tories do not).  Whilst that is the case there will always be hope.

And there's the excuse we're going to be hearing a lot of - the Tories were so bad there's no money.

Same shit peddled for a decade they only recently stopped with, making a comeback to the top of the charts.

**** 'em.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'll be spoiling my ballot again.

Not that it matters, it's been a Labour seat since inception bar a single Tory abhorration. 

But I won't vote for this party. They didn't have my vote last time, they certainly don't this time. A mauve Tory is still a Tory.

I'll be voting Labour as the country needs a change. Won't make much difference as Ian Huntley could stand as a tory in Four Oaks and win with a huge majority. 

What can you do though?

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'll be voting Labour as the country needs a change. Won't make much difference as Ian Huntley could stand as a tory in Four Oaks and win with a huge majority. 

What can you do though?

It's about conscious at this stage for me. 

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's about conscious at this stage for me. 

Starmer has rendered me unconscious with boredom so remaining conscious is an excellent aim  

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

One thing's for sure, the two main party manifestos are going to be more interesting than they've been in ages. 

The Tory one will be, as I'm guessing it'll be a lurch further to the nationalistic element on the right. 

The labour one I'm guessing will just be a blank sheet of paper?.

The worst part will be the huge Labour majority being perceived by Labour as a mahoosive mandate for them, like they've given the country a reason to vote for them.

• Like 1

Was a question I asked in the wrong thread the other day. 

Can people list the last 2 or 3 Labour party / Labour Leaders you were all in on supporting? As in you didn't feel like you were "voting for the lesser of two evils" when you went to the polls.

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Can people list the last 2 or 3 Labour party / Labour Leaders you were all in on supporting?

Labour have had five leaders in the last thirty years. Asking for the last '2 or 3' that someone was 'all in' on supporting seems to be asking a lot.

I'd even go as far to say that if you find you're emotionally attached to a politician who isn't an immediate family member to a level beyond "wary, arms-length support" then you're probably in a cult of some sort and should pick a different hobby. 

• Like 4

Just caught up the days **** up from labour. Allowing a guy to stand who seemingly believes (enough to say it aloud at least) that the Israelis knew about October 7th and chose to let it go ahead as some kind of pretext to conquer Gaza.

It’s too late to remove him from the ballot in the Rochdale by election and it seems that he won’t be removed from the party for…reasons…not quite sure why when countless others have been ejected for far less.

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

It’s too late to remove him from the ballot in the Rochdale by election and it seems that he won’t be removed from the party for…reasons…not quite sure why when countless others have been ejected for far less.

He has now. But there are plenty of MPs who would have been out on their ear a lot quicker than Ali has.

I can't believe how long they stuck by him today. It was clear he was going to be given the boot given the severity of what he said.

I wonder who the anti-tory vote will go to now

9 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

I can't believe how long they stuck by him today. It was clear he was going to be given the boot given the severity of what he said.

George Galloway. Which is the worst thing about this. 

Whatever any candidate, from any party has done they're very unlikely to be a worse person than him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

He might still win given the demographics of the seat

Ali was clearly vetted and passed fit by the Labour establishment, and had a track record serving Blair. Many came to his defense to save him. Of course he should be cut off same as anyone else who have crossed this 'line'. But you have to wonder, if he's not a left-wing nut job conspiracy theorist, then why on earth would he say what he said?

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Ali was clearly vetted and passed fit by the Labour establishment, and had a track record serving Blair. Many came to his defense to save him. Of course he should be cut off same as anyone else who have crossed this 'line'. But you have to wonder, if he's not a left-wing nut job conspiracy theorist, then why on earth would he say what he said?

Only he will know for sure but if he believes what he said then it's hard to argue he's not an anti-semite. It's possible he doesn't believe what he said and he's playing to a certain crowd. The conspiracy theory that Israel knew about October 7th and chose to let it happen as a pretext for eliminating the Palestinians, is absurd but arguable that he's just an idiot. Where he crossed the line for me is the comments on Jews being in control of the media. There's only one way to interpret that.

• Like 1

Â