The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

It's absurd.

The choice at the polls this year is basically a bloated tired cuckoo that feasted on everything that wasn't tied down, and a starving cuckoo that agrees with everything the fat one did in the nest but wants to nibble at things for a while first.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

About where I'm at.  Tories out no matter what.  Worry about the rest afterwards.

And it’s a perfectly legit decision, and clearly the polls are saying the vast majority of people have come to the same conclusion. As stated above it’s got to include the thought that perfect mustn’t be the enemy of good.

But then you have to ask, if neither party are offering what you really want, what have you taught them, by voting for what you didn’t want.

If the tweeter above wanted a boat, why would should pick the less shit of two cars? Unless you are happy that where we are is fine, you just don’t like the way the admin is dealt with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

If the tweeter above wanted a boat, why would should pick the less shit of two cars? Unless you are happy that where we are is fine, you just don’t like the way the admin is dealt with.

The idea is, you make some mods afterwards

The CAR Top 10: cars that are also boats | CAR Magazine

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

About where I'm at.  Tories out no matter what.  Worry about the rest afterwards.

The issue I kinda have with this, is there's always just the choice between Labour and Tory for a government. And last time the country decided it really **** loved Tories (as opposed to just really liking them like normal - I'm not moved by arguments about fptp, keep them to yourself) and lots of Labour wasn't that upset about it to say the least.

So now we get the next round and the same Labour that was stabbing the party in the front is taking the moral high ground and saying you simply have to vote for them. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

And there's the issue of... Well. If all your offered is cars and you want to fly...?

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

And there's the issue of... Well. If all your offered is cars and you want to fly...?

Get them out, try and effect change (make the mods) from a better position afterwards.

Flying car firm plans London to Paris route after achieving airworthiness |  The Independent

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Get them out, try and effect change (make the mods) from a better position afterwards.

Flying car firm plans London to Paris route after achieving airworthiness |  The Independent

What's going to encourage change when Labour end up with a huge majority carrying on like this?

• Like 3

There are a lot of voters out there presuming Starmer is a decent and honest car salesman that will modify what they buy, once they’ve paid for it.

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

The party has purged all dissenting voices as raving racists and is entirely in hock of lobbyists. Good luck convincing a party of hammers to consider screws are better sometimes.

You have 2 very similar shades of Tory. You're getting a Tory pathway to the future. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

There are a lot of voters out there presuming Starmer is a decent and honest car salesman that will modify what they buy, once they’ve paid for it.

A lot of people seem to be lulling themselves to sleep that Starmer is actually a pathological liar to their benefit. The evidence is he lied and lied and lied to the party to get in the chair, and then quickly started purging, and then started rubbing out all his promises and pledges, and everything he says is basically supportive of the general direction the country is going.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I'll be honest, Schadenfraude and my utter contempt for the Tories is a massive driver for me.

The lies, corruption, delusion, smugness, gaslighting, theivery, rapiness, all of it needs to be punished.  These people need to know we're onto them, we hate them and we've had enough.

I want to see the looks on pricks like Mogg, Anderson, Clarke-Smith, Hands and Gullis' faces as they're stood on the podium and it's announced they've lost their seats.  The utter utter words removed.

Yup, the best number of Tories is 0 Tories. I'll be celebrating when we see these clearings in the woods removed. I just wish we had someone pulling enough votes away from Labour from the left that they were forced to actually offer something that'd give me cause for optimism.

Also, even if it's not from the left, they need to be kept in check. One party having a huge majority allowing the government to ram through what they like without even the full support of their party isn't a great position to be in for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

What's going to encourage change when Labour end up with a huge majority carrying on like this?

The huge majority they are going to get has worried me for some considerable time, we have absolutely no chance of changing the electoral system for the better whilst these huge majorities occur

• Like 1

So we're relying on Labour to remove the Tories (a good and likely thing) then relying on Labour to finish the job by removing Starmer (a good and unlikely thing).

I think we start the plan and then keep trying it until we have to give up - getting the first bit done will still be helpful.

47 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Of course.

When it comes to Starmer and Labour abandoning pledges, it's when, not if.

What a **** useless shower of words removed.

Yep.... dirt bags the lot of them. And when people think they'll be voting for the lesser of two evils.... big lolz all around.

Both parties are absolutely turgid. 

• Like 2

Â