The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There's a rather staunch divide between some experienced lip readers insisting it's definitely woman, and others arguing it clearly isn't. 

Either way, it's **** outrageous that it's the headline news. Bet May can't believe her luck. 

It's not luck.  They employ people to feed the story to the media, then get on the phone and pressure them to run the story.  The pressure is backed up by rewards for the compliant, little tips, first run at a story now and again,  maybe an interview that others don't get.  The non-compliant are frozen out, become progressively less useful to their employers, and their career stagnates.

It's a form of corruption, though all involved would strongly challenge that, and would say it's an absurd accusation.  Because we're better than that, aren't we?  Us professionals?  We happy few, we band of brothers.

• Like 2

There's not a person on the planet that actually cares about what Corbyn said (a majority of which don't care what he says whenever he says anything), just like nobody cares when an MP calls another a stupid bitch, or when they bray 'sit down' when someone they dislike talks, or when they tell others to go home, or when they spend hours mocking each other.

Completely manufactured, to distract from the important news. It's been the top news story on the BBC all day. Complete nonsense. Tory HQ couldn't have done better themselves.

• Like 1

So with all the shambles going in this country with brexit, stabbings, the housing crisis to add a few instead we have idiots arguing whether the Labour leader calls may a "stupid woman"

Thia so with this country is a **** mess. We have more important things to worry about than pathetic 10 year old stuff. Everyone needs to come together and tell them we ain't having this garbage anymore from either party.

people live and die on “twitter said” and helped create a world where every irrelevant event  becomes a story  suddenly don’t like the monster they helped create ... well colour me shocked 

Still , from the new found road to Damascus moment at least we know people will be consistent before latching  themselves into the next irrelevant news ....

• Like 2

Corbyn is a **** moron. 

Still pushing for Brexit, ignoring the views of his party, and believing he's going to negotiate some sort of Brexit deal with unicorns and no troubles in Ireland. 

Meanwhile the lib dems and greens are the only parties representing 48% of the electorate. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Corbyn is a **** moron. 

Still pushing for Brexit, ignoring the views of his party, and believing he's going to negotiate some sort of Brexit deal with unicorns and no troubles in Ireland. 

Meanwhile the lib dems and greens are the only parties representing 48% of the electorate. 

It's not even that low is it. It's 48% of the electorate that voted one Glastonbury week a few summers ago. It's pretty obvious from pure demographic changes that the 48% is actually much higher now and increases every day, even without the people changing their mind. We actually have the two largest parties in the country trying to enact some bizarre "idea" of what a minority of the electorate currently want. His party members don't support his view and his part supporters don't support his view, it's becoming more obvious by the day that Corbyn's position is both ideological and a complete turn off for the very voters he needs to gain power.

• Like 4

I don't think we'll get one, but I wonder if we had a second referendum how many more people would vote?

One third of those eligible to vote didn't bother last time out and there were more people not registered to vote at all than voted Leave - almost half the population didn't cast a vote. In all, Leave won with just over a quarter of the total votes that could have been cast on the day. I'm guessing that in a second referendum a lot more of those people would vote. 

I'd guess that more of the non-voters would be Remainers - based purely on my own feeling that Leavers felt that they had something to do, something to achieve in Brexit as opposed to Remainers who felt that they were just voting for the status quo - there'd have been more enthusiasm to vote from Leavers I think. In a second referendum it'd be interesting to see how many of the half-arsed would step up because not leaving had become "doing something".

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think we'll get one, but I wonder if we had a second referendum how many more people would vote?

One third of those eligible to vote didn't bother last time out and there were more people not registered to vote at all than voted Leave - almost half the population didn't cast a vote. In all, Leave won with just over a quarter of the total votes that could have been cast on the day. I'm guessing that in a second referendum a lot more of those people would vote. 

I'd guess that more of the non-voters would be Remainers - based purely on my own feeling that Leavers felt that they had something to do, something to achieve in Brexit as opposed to Remainers who felt that they were just voting for the status quo - there'd have been more enthusiasm to vote from Leavers I think. In a second referendum it'd be interesting to see how many of the half-arsed would step up because not leaving had become "doing something".

I think every poll I've seen that asks the question on the first referendum non-voters which way they'd vote puts it at about 65-75% remain of those that definitely say they'd vote in a second referendum

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

More likely we will leave without a deal and then watch the chaos unfold

I think this is unlikely, personally. While it's true that the clock is ticking, ultimately almost no one in parliament or the country wants that to happen. The recent idiot actions of May and Corbyn make it less unlikely, but I still see it as pretty unlikely.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think this is unlikely, personally. While it's true that the clock is ticking, ultimately almost no one in parliament or the country wants that to happen. The recent idiot actions of May and Corbyn make it less unlikely, but I still see it as pretty unlikely.

I hope so Pete. As I think this will cause unspeakable damage to all us if we leave without any deal whatsoever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

I don't think anyone wants No Deal. I guess it's a question of whether May's gun-to-the-head tactic plays out. Will politicians put the country ahead of politics on this occasion and go with her (absolutely awful) deal rather than jump into the dark?

I find no comfort in this situation, she's forced the nation into a horrible corner. A truly vile woman.

• Like 1

Just in case anyone is still under the impression that Corbyn is Pro-EU here's an outline of his history on the subject

• Jeremy Corbyn voted for Britain to leave the European Economic Community (EEC) in the 1975 European referendum.
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed the creation of the European Union (EU) under the Maastricht Treaty – speaking and voting against it in Parliament in 1993. During the 2016 referendum campaign, Left Leave highlighted repeated speeches he made in Parliament opposing Europe during 1993.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted against the Lisbon Treaty on more than one occasion in Parliament in 2008.
  • In 2010, Jeremy Corbyn voted against the creation of the European Union’s diplomatic service.
  • Jeremy Corbyn voted for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU in 2011 (breaking the Labour whip to do so).
  • In 2011 Jeremy Corbyn also opposed the creation of the EU’s European Stability Mechanism, which helps members of the Euro in financial difficulties. (This vote is a good example of how Corbyn votes with hardcore Euro-sceptics. Only 26 other MPs joined him in voting against, and in their number are the likes of right-wing Euro-sceptics such as Peter Bone, Douglas Carswell, Bill Cash, Ian Paisley Junior and John Redwood.)
  • Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain’s participation in the EU’s Banking Authority in 2012.
  • In 2016 his long-time left-wing ally Tariq Ali said that he was sure that if Corbyn was not Labour leader he would be campaigning for Britain to leave the EU, whilst his brother Piers Corbyn also said that Jeremy Corbyn was privately opposed to Britain’s membership of the European Union.
  • Jeremy Corbyn went on holiday during the 2016 referendum campaign and his office staff consistently undermined the Remain campaign. He refused to attend a key Remain campaign launch and also attacked government ministers for publicising the Remain case, saying they should also have promoted arguments in favour of Leave vote. The Director of the Remain campaign, himself a Labour member and candidate, said, “Rather than making a clear and passionate Labour case for EU membership, Corbyn took a week’s holiday in the middle of the campaign and removed pro-EU lines from his speeches”. During the referendum campaign, Leave.EU highlighted Corbyn’s attacks on Europe made in 1996.
  • The day after the European referendum in 2016, Jeremy Corbyn called for the immediate invocation of Article 50 – the two-year notice to leave the EU – much quicker than even Theresa May wanted.
  • In December 2016, Jeremy Corbyn voted in Parliament in favour of the UK leaving the EU and for the process to start no later than 31 March 2017.
  • Jeremy Corbyn three times voted in February 2017 in favour of the Prime Minister starting the process of leaving the European Union.
  • During the 2017 general election, the independent Channel 4 Factcheck service found very little difference between Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May over Europe.
  • In the summer of 2017, Jeremy Corbyn opposed Britain remaining in the Single Market. He even sacked from his team Labour MPs who voted in favour of membership of the Single Market.
  • In 2018, Jeremy Corbyn said he would try to make  Brexit go ahead even if Labour won a general election before it happened.

From Here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 19/12/2018 at 17:48, snowychap said:
On 19/12/2018 at 16:06, bickster said:

Fiona Onasanya, MP for Peterborough found guilty of perverting the course of justice over lying to the police over who was driving her car when speeding.

Labour have called on her to resign

Huhne got 8 months, I believe.

She has no intention of resigning, it seems:

An MP convicted of perverting the course of justice has indicated she intends to stay in the House of Commons, despite facing a possible jail sentence.

Fiona Onasanya was suspended by Labour after being found guilty at the Old Bailey earlier this month. The party said in a statement that she should quit as MP for Peterborough.

But, writing in the Peterborough Telegraph, she said constituents should “rest assured” that she would remain their representative fighting injustice in the corridors of power.

Under parliamentary rules, Onasanya would lose her seat in the Commons only if she is jailed for 12 months or more at her sentencing, expected next month.

In the article – headlined I will continue to fight against injustices – the MP made no mention of her 19 December conviction for lying to police to avoid a speeding charge.

Instead, the 35-year-old solicitor provided a recap of her involvement in events at Westminster over the past year, including battles over Brexit, universal credit and austerity, as well as local controversies about working conditions at an Amazon warehouse and the planned closure of a tax office.

Shortly after her conviction, Onasanya compared her position to that of biblical figures Joseph, Moses and Daniel who “were each found guilty by the courts of their day”.

And in a WhatsApp message to Labour colleagues, she added that Jesus “was accused and convicted by the courts of his day and yet this was not his end but rather the beginning of the next chapter in his story”.

...more on link

The bit in bold led one wag on twitter to write: Blessed are the speed fakers. :)

Edited by snowychap
missed a 'the'
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
Â