The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Yeah I am not going at Xann I just feel the article has its own agenda with look these are fake so it's not that bad. I don't think it is as bad as the worst reports suggest but I do believe it exists in Labour. At all levels. 

I am concerned I may be stepping into Magnkarl territory so don't want to get too bogged down in this. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Xann not being critical of you but think it's skewed to fit their truth. Their may be examples of accounts set up to troll and besmirch the labour party but it also coming from long standing members. Real long standing members. One of them, as an example lives in the street behind me. That said some of them are known Labour activists. 

The article headline - "Fake Labour accounts fueling “anti-Semitism crisis”" - Not starting, fuelling. 

Then further down - "All 10 (accounts) posted their most violent and anti-Semitic content as replies to other tweets."

They're not saying there's no anti-Semitism, they're saying what there is is being jumped on and made to look worse.

It is worth looking at independent analysis of the journalism and stories carried in EI. Not a Mickey Mouse operation.

EI was founded in February 2001[3] by Ali Abunimah, an American citizen of Palestinian descent; Arjan El Fassed, human rights activist based in the Netherlands; Laurie King, an anthropologist and former coordinator of the International Campaign for Justice for the Victims of Sabra and Shatila and the managing editor of the Journal of Palestine Studies in Washington; and Nigel Parry, currently an eclectic Internet consultant, writer and musician based in Pittsburgh.[4]

According to their website, The Electronic Intifada is mainly funded by its readers with additional funds provided by private foundations. It does not receive funds from any governments or political parties. In 2010 it received US$130,000 in donations from individuals and US$83,000 from private foundations.[5]

Wikipedia

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cue the jokes but it's quite a serious accusation (try and ignore who they turned down). And yes its the founder member of The Human League, Heaven 17 and BEF and decades-long sound engineer

Why would they bother doing that?  

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

The accusation is in the tweet, to make her look weak

But why would they want to make her look weak, surely Question Time thrives on soundbites from the more, shall we say, eccentric characters in politics, especially nowadays.  If I was one of the people running the show I'd make her loud and clear.  I just don't buy it, especially when considering how shit quality a lot of the BBC's live output is nowadays.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But why would they want to make her look weak, surely Question Time thrives on soundbites from the more, shall we say, eccentric characters in politics, especially nowadays.  If I was one of the people running the show I'd make her loud and clear.  I just don't buy it, especially when considering how shit quality a lot of the BBC's live output is nowadays.

You appear to be assuming the BBC is impartial when it comes to politics (And I'm not saying this accusation is true either)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xann said:

They're not saying there's no anti-Semitism, they're saying what there is is being jumped on and made to look worse.

Unfortunately, they also say [from your quote]

From the start, reporting of the “anti-Semitism crisis” in the UK’s Labour Party ... this manufactured crisis is not genuine anti-Semites, but Jeremy Corbyn and the wider Palestine solidarity movement.

It's not "manufactured" it's a genuine problem. And while I accept and agree that there has been some piling on, some spurious accusations and smears, that shouldn't divert from the fact there's an actual, genuine problem. Until the likes of that article and many others, plus a huge amount of twitter Corbynites and so on get it into their heads that this is the case and stop adding to the evidence and nastiness, it's not going to go away. Labour's been gradually letting back in all sorts of anti-semites that had been hoofed out previously.

That Rachel Riley (jewish Mum) off Countdown has been one of the latest victims of the type of Corbynite twitter and other response to her pointing out some problems. These people are proper numpties.

• Like 1

BBC on the complaint about giving false information about polls, while talking over Abbott.

Where they say "some other polls", wasn't it the case that all other polls said that?  So Bruce and Oakeshott relied on Yougov as the outlier in the pack to the exclusion of the others in what they claimed, something which I think BBC rules would not allow them to do in for example a programme reporting on a forthcoming election.  I gather Yougov routinely reports better figures for the tories than other polls do.  Which presumably Bruce and Oakeshott know.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bickster said:

The accusation is in the tweet, to make her look weak

She'd look weaker if the volume was turned up and people could hear her stupid comments. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xann said:

Yes it is. 

Yes it is.

I don't understand your interpretation. If it is manufactured (made up) how can it also be a genuine problem? Are you saying  "yes there's a problem, but it's not as bad as being made out, or are you saying (more worryingly) that the claim it's a made up storm about nothing is genuine?

What am I missing about, or in reading, your post?

Â