The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

the discussion was of course around Corbyns photoshopped hat  

But you just said it wasn't photoshopped?  Like, mere minutes ago?

Of course the hat was not the only manipulated element.  The backdrop and the colour tone were also (childishly blatant) parts of the fitup.

And this is a state broadcaster.

It's on the same level as the lie factory unearthed recently, also state-funded, also tasked with doing hit jobs on Corbyn and anyone to the left of eg David Lammy.

35 minutes ago, peterms said:

t's on the same level as the lie factory unearthed recently, also state-funded, also tasked with doing hit jobs on Corbyn and anyone to the left of eg David Lammy.

Turns out that was bollocks, though. What they’d been doing was, amongst their ahem, normal work, they’d retweeted some tweets that were critical of Corbyn and retweeted some that were critical of the tories. Scottish paper picked up on it and neglected to mention all the ones critical of the tories. Better story, see. “Govt funded anti Corbyn shadowy org” is better news than “charity media bod a bit unwise on twitter account”.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Corbyn down to 6-1 to be next PM now - For the first time I can see this happening.

I really don’t see it tbh he won’t even have the luxury of fighting May next time around 

33 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I really don’t see it tbh he won’t even have the luxury of fighting May next time around 

That depends when the election is. If they manage to bring the govt down in January, then who is he going to fight?

Tories won’t have time for a leadership election plus the whole country will know they’d be voting for A Tory leader as PM that huge chunks of her party want out at the first opportunity. She can also then claim that her promise to stand down no longer applies.

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Maybe - But I think he was only about 5-1 in the election where TM stumbled from disaster to disaster - There were some rumblings yesterday about DUP /LAB meetings - although IMO thats a very unlikely alliance.

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

A vote winning idea if ever I saw one. 

Something that is said by someone about every potential PM - Given the business's that are already quitting the uk due to BREXIT - LS can do one for all I care - and take his dreadful apprentice show with him.

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

A vote winning idea if ever I saw one. 

Someone who turned the TV on and saw the pictures and the breaking news bar would have thought that politics had changed pretty dramatically overnight.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Corbyn down to 6-1...

41 minutes ago, hippo said:

Maybe - But I think he was only about 5-1 in the election where TM stumbled from disaster to disaster...

He scored another own goal since then. So May 6 (Corbyn o.g. 3, 12, 32, 54, 63, 84) Corbyn 1 (May o.g. 59). Relegation for both surely beckons, now, Alan?

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Maybe - But I think he was only about 5-1 in the election where TM stumbled from disaster to disaster - There were some rumblings yesterday about DUP /LAB meetings - although IMO thats a very unlikely alliance.

I'd hazard a guess that the IRA connections  of Corbyn and McDonnell rule that out  

10 hours ago, bickster said:

That depends when the election is. If they manage to bring the govt down in January, then who is he going to fight?

Tories won’t have time for a leadership election plus the whole country will know they’d be voting for A Tory leader as PM that huge chunks of her party want out at the first opportunity. She can also then claim that her promise to stand down no longer applies.

Likewise with Corbyn , surely :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Likewise with Corbyn , surely :)

Well yes and no, in parliament yes, without a doubt. I think the difference is lots of the grassroots Tories are fed up with May but the Labour Party is seemingly having a stealth membership purge and reselection programme so in no short time the grassroots will be mainly Momentum / Corbynite - it's a play right out of the Leon Trotsky entryism handbook to be honest. It's happening in Liverpool and all around the country. In a few years, the average age of Labour Party members will be 12. I expect lots of MPs to be deselected in the not too distant future, I predict the Eagles and Berger won't last too much longer and you can probably throw in Ellman too and that's just from Liverpool. When Steve Rotherham gave up his seat to be Metro Mayor he was replaced by Dan Carden, still got his nappy on but is already in the shadow cabinet because he's a Union / Momentum boy, other more prominent Labour Politicians were soundly beaten in the vote including the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and a Merseyside MEP

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

... Labour know they are stuck with Corbyn - I doubt they will try again to oust him.

Indeed. He's ousting Labour, as Bicks identifies. Straight from the Trotsky playbook. It's what they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Indeed. He's ousting Labour, as Bicks identifies. Straight from the Trotsky playbook. It's what they do.

In terms of policy is he ? - I don't see what he is proposing that is so extreme - The tories  have even nicked or made noises about nicking some of his policies 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Well yes and no, in parliament yes, without a doubt. I think the difference is lots of the grassroots Tories are fed up with May but the Labour Party is seemingly having a stealth membership purge and reselection programme so in no short time the grassroots will be mainly Momentum / Corbynite - it's a play right out of the Leon Trotsky entryism handbook to be honest. It's happening in Liverpool and all around the country. In a few years, the average age of Labour Party members will be 12. I expect lots of MPs to be deselected in the not too distant future, I predict the Eagles and Berger won't last too much longer and you can probably throw in Ellman too and that's just from Liverpool. When Steve Rotherham gave up his seat to be Metro Mayor he was replaced by Dan Carden, still got his nappy on but is already in the shadow cabinet because he's a Union / Momentum boy, other more prominent Labour Politicians were soundly beaten in the vote including the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and a Merseyside MEP

Thats true and its kind of sad. Its spouting idealism instead of coming up with a sellable package to the ordinary Joe in the street. Personally I think momentum will run its course - It was a bit of a novelty to elect and reelect an anti establishment figure - will there be such a bandwagon when the next leadership ballot perhaps contains 3 such folk ?  

Â