Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current shirts are only tight if you're on the large side. ;)

Nonsense. I typically wear large tall shirts for sleeve length, and in this year's kit I have to have a XXL: I've got some room in it but it's by no means baggy. Previous Macron kits an XL of those would be fine, they certainly leaned more into a tighter cut this year.

If you have the shoulders of an 8 year old girl, they'd run true to size, otherwise you have to climb the size ladder to find something that won't cut off blood flow into your hands and arms.

They definitely are a bit tighter this year - still fit me fine though. As long as they don't end up properly tight like the Arsenal and Newcastle shirts then I'm not bothered.

You see my problem is the opposite - I wear small but in terms of height I'd probably be slightly better off with a medium but that would just be way too baggy on me. Used to be medium with the Nike shirts though.

Edited by Mantis

The thing about slim fit clothing, and I mean any clothing from football shirts to suits, is that if you buy an appropriate size, it will look better than a baggy shirt.

People assume because they are carrying a bit of extra weight that a slimmer fit will look terrible on them, but it will still look good if you buy the right size, and for those of us who aren't carrying as much weight, a slim fit looks about 100 times better than a baggy shirt.

The last couple of seasons shirts from Macron have been much better in this regard than their earlier efforts.

I'm 6ft3 and wear a small in this seasons home shirt, the sleeves are still too loose. I don't like sleeves that stick out on a football shirt.

I have a medium in the away shirt and it's a tighter for, more like kappa. Much better. Although this is long sleeves so maybe that has something to do with it!

I say this every year, but I WISH we'd follow suit and have a mental away kit

• Like 1

Â