Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Not saying i wouldn't like a new striker.

but I think most people are over-reacting to the fact, Ayew hasn't instantly clicked, Gabby has been crap, Gestede has been rusty and a bit one dimensional that plus Adebeyor not signing = meltdown

useless, you do realise that there was never any Cavani or Berahino links, right? Why are you pretending that there was?

Ok, we were linked with Cavani but that was back when O'Neill was here.

I was pretty much the first person to dismiss the Cavani link. As for Berahino I know there wasn't a link in the media but i thought he might be someone we'd be interested in, but since Trent has said that we won't be spending £20M after sales I guess it's pretty unlikely.

I'm still fairly new here, so this is a legit question...

Is useless serious or is he trolling hard here?

It's a fair question, but I don't for one minute think useless is trolling. He's an unusual poster for sure, but if you stick around, you'll probably end up feeling oddly fond of him soon enough. 

• Like 4

I can't be the only one who wouldn't want Valdes. I think if you were to put him in a defence that actually has to defend once in a while then he'd be found wanting.

That's a bit harsh. Whenever I watch Barca play the defence and keepers concentration levels have to be really high because the rest of the team press so high up the field. The opposing team is guaranteed one or two good chances on the break and more often than not Valdes used to sweep up quite well.

Get French Football @GFN_France 4m4 minutes ago

Aston Villa, Mainz & Hamburg in advanced discussions with Reims for Gaetan Charbonnier, according to BeIN Sports http://j.mp/DeadlineDay2015 

2:25 PM - 31 Aug 2015 · Details
6 retweets 2 favorites
Retweet
Retweeted
Favorite
Favorited
More

Jonathan Johnson retweeted Smaïl Bouabdellah

Aston Villa, Mainz & Hamburg all reportedly in advanced discussions with Reims' Gaetan Charbonnier. #AVFCavfc.png #HSV #M05

Jonathan Johnson added,

Smaïl Bouabdellah @SmaBouabdellah
Gaetan Charbonnier du @StadeDeReims en discussions très avancées avec @AVFCOfficial @1FSVMainz05 et @HSV (Hambourg) ! À suivre...

Jonathan Johnson retweeted 100 % Stade de Reims

Reports that Reims' Charbonnier is in Villa, Mainz & Hamburg talks denied though. #AVFCavfc.png #M05 #HSV

Jonathan Johnson added,

100 % Stade de Reims @100stadedereims
INFO : Malgré les rumeurs, le @StadeDeReims n'a reçu aucune offre de clubs pour des joueurs rémois y compris @charbo10

I'm going to push the boat out here.....

Lescott, Adebayor (loan) and Austin to arrive by tomorrow.

Lescott is as good as done from what I've read on here,

Adebayor and Tim have history and would be a good deal for both

The qpr manager and Tim are good mates so I can see this happening relatively quick if the ball starts rolling, even as a loan

We've got enough foreign signings for now thanks. We need experienced, premiership players in to strengthen up.

I know nothing for certain, I'm not itk, don't get excited just yet

Well Stuart Pearce reckons Austin will be playing for us by Wednesday. I'd be amazed tbh, but sherwood has shocked us so far.

said throughout the window, I think we'll get him.

Are people sure we are linked with Valdes? Because the article I saw said Vazquez, who is a midfielder.

If Sherwood signs a midfielder to put him in goal then #SherwoodOut.

• Like 1