Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Lescott is a good player and will be a good addition. But why didn't we sign him on a Bosman when he left City?

Any of the following

Different Manager

Different Tactical Approach

Couldn't afford him

He preferred WBA as they offered more regular football

We weren't in for him at all

Also, why are WBA selling? I was under the impression that he was their best defender. 

Any of the following

New Manager no longer fancies him (it happens)

Different tactics

Looking to bring in someone else he likes and needs to shift

Also, why are WBA selling? I was under the impression that he was their best defender. 

Any of the following

New Manager no longer fancies him (it happens)

Different tactics

Looking to bring in someone else he likes and needs to shift

Or player wants to leave.

WT, i'm not picking on you but can only post with regards to your previous posts.

Your current line of posting seems like you're nailing your colours to the mast so you can say you were right later on.

This isn't picking on you or PoP because you've done in the past. You've said 'I was right when etc etc'.

Otherwise I just can't see the motivation behind saying 2 signings are shit after 3 games. What do you hope to achieve by it?

WT, i'm not picking on you but can only post with regards to your previous posts.

Your current line of posting seems like you're nailing your colours to the mast so you can say you were right later on.

This isn't picking on you or PoP because you've done in the past. You've said 'I was right when etc etc'.

Otherwise I just can't see the motivation behind saying 2 signings are shit after 3 games. What do you hope to achieve by it?

Haha I don't hope to achieve anything. I take no pleasure from being right about things that are negative outcomes to aston villa.

Seriously, it's like your suggesting I'm the only one with that opinion. The whole forum is basically crying out for Charlie Austin. That would indicate that most don't believe ayew and gestede are up to the job they were brought into do.

Haha I don't hope to achieve anything. I take no pleasure from being right about things that are negative outcomes to aston villa.

Seriously, it's like your suggesting I'm the only one with that opinion. The whole forum is basically crying out for Charlie Austin. That would indicate that most don't believe ayew and gestede are up to the job they were brought into do.

austin dont think this will happen need a better cb send richards to rb playing the new cb beside clarke and i think that will shape up are defence quite nicely!!!

Lescott and Richards would form a very good partnership and form an understanding that we seem to be missing. Plus his experience will be invaluable.

Watching the Man City youtube channel, Richards and Lescott seemee very, very close friends.

Think he would fit in well here.

That's the pay off isn't it. They'll have trained together for years. Should be able to slot straight in without having to develop a relationship. If he's cheap, or at least affordable, available and interested you can see a lot of sense in it, even if we aren't getting more than a year or two out of him.

Again, thinking we should buy Austin is a very different opinion to 'Ayew and Gestede are shit' after 3 games.

If you can't see the difference then that's your prerogative.

austin dont think this will happen need a better cb send richards to rb playing the new cb beside clarke and i think that will shape up are defence quite nicely!!!

:rolleyes:

I would only want to see Lescott as a squad player.  He is literally 2-3 steps slower than Kozak- which I didn't think was humanly possible.  I'd imagine you could leave your seat, get a pie, sit back down, eat it...  and Lescott would just be finishing his full field wind sprint.  ;)

He can be the wiley veteran to sit the bench and play sporatically when suspensions/injuries rear their ugly head during the season.