Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I've got more likes than posts now, I've gone all giddy. Just need Veretout confirmed so I can crack open a can.

You've peaked too soon. We'll expect that calibre from now on.
  • Like 1

Nixon saying fee agreed for Gestede and the move is on.

I like the look of Gestede. Looks like a bully up front. Seems to be on the right spot at the right time. You cannot teach that.

Love bullies. When they play for Villa, of course.

I've got more likes than posts now, I've gone all giddy. Just need Veretout confirmed so I can crack open a can.

You've peaked too soon. We'll expect that calibre from now on.

I might just retire before I become the next Michael Ricketts.

• Like 1

I think were a quality CB short of a comfortable top 10 side now

As someone (who I think is on VT) said on twitter earlier. Now imagine this squad if it still contained Delph, Benteke and Vlaar. Hypothetically the only difference is about £40m quid which in the grand scheme of things isn't actually a huge amount. Just goes to show you what could be achieved if you had a chairman who really opened the NET chequebook. We'd be challenging for Europa League IMHO.

• Like 1

I think were a quality CB short of a comfortable top 10 side now

As someone (who I think is on VT) said on twitter earlier. Now imagine this squad if it still contained Delph, Benteke and Vlaar. Hypothetically the only difference is about £40m quid which in the grand scheme of things isn't actually a huge amount. Just goes to show you what could be achieved if you had a chairman who really opened the NET chequebook. We'd be challenging for Europa League IMHO.

He opened it before but lost control of the wages. It seems this time we are trying to do it with a long term plan. All purchases will have a sell on and none on massive wages. If we get Veretout would Delph get in the team? Would Vlaar on last seasons form? Only big miss is Benteke for me. If they all gel we could have a cracking season we should be aiming for Stoke to start with.

• Like 1