Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Looks like he is going to Spurs

What's that based on? The one report I read specifically said the team representing the player didn't like the idea of moving to spurs.

Basically some 18 year old Nantes fan on Twitter said he's joining Spurs so some of our fans have accepted it without question.

I do find it weird how some seem to post twitter gossip as if it is fact.

Fwiw, I think the French journalist was making a joke about him being called Jordan and us buying lots of Jordan's, which lines up with the 'unknown English club', and our recent shopping trip to France.

Hope I'm wrong but genuinely can't see anything in that link.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

The "talk"'is N'zogbia has removed all villa stuff on his bio/unfollowed the club. He also tweeted "politics" with a money emoji.

@Jon_LeGossip: French journalist Pascal Praud pretty confident Nantes' Jordan Veretout is Aston Villa-bound, but misspelled name. https://t.co/qidN8ND1eQ

Jonathan Johnson has been all over our French exploits, so I'd be confident that there's indeed interest.

But people are assuming N'zogbia is part of the deal. May coincidental of course & people are adding 2+2 but getting 10....just passing on what's currently doing the rounds.

Obviously it all maybe just BS/wind up

Edited by mightysasquatch

Damn.. We're after some real talent this summer.. I thought Gueye, Amavi and Ayew would be the end of our signing of "wonder kids" but seems like we're just getting started.. 

http://www.leparisien.fr/sports/football/mercato-le-nantais-jordan-veretout-en-route-vers-aston-villa-27-07-2015-4973813.php

Mercato : the Nantais Jordan Veretout way to Aston Villa

Aston Villa continues to make its market in Ligue 1. After having secured the services of Jordan Ayew , the Birmingham club is about to engage the midfielder of 22 years of Nantes, Jordan Veretout , in the coming hours .

.Veretout aroused the interest of other English Premier League clubs such as Liverpool and Tottenham . Trained at FC Nantes, he played his first professional encounter with the Canaries in 2011. Last season, he scored 5 goals and delivered seven assists in 36 games in Ligue 1 .

I speculate optimism with Tim, Ray and Tom in charge...

Haven't felt this excited about a season in ages...
New fresh squad, new ideas, slinging out the dead wood, positivity... Although we lost Tekkers, his leaving has allowed us to bolster the squad in others areas that we needed; I am confident that we will be more competitive this season...

Who knows if this squad is any good maybe in a few seasons the club will be in a position to tempt Benteke back.. We are certainly looking to the skies with our acquisitions so far.. 

CK8gS0UWsAAkFdf.jpg

#postgymselfie

apparently.

I don't know why I don't use Twitter ALL THE TIME!!!

Who's that?

We already got butch wilkins enough is enough

Edited by AshVilla