Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'm not really worried yet. We've still got time to get in another striker or two. I'd also hope that Timothy is looking for more goals from midfield and defence rather than just the striker as has been the case the last few seasons. Think Sunderland, Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester will all be worse than us. Possibly the baggies as well.

• Like 2

Cambiasso has left Leicester ... Wonder if we've made him an offer as he seems to be keen to stay in England

The 2nd bit of ITK i've ever had is that he had a medical with us at the beginning of the month. First Wednesday of the month whatever date that was, he had one that morning. 

I was amazed Leicester got him and even more amazed we weren't interested.

He might be 34 but he was a top midfielder for many years and as good as they come in holding a midfield.

Great to have seen him in the Prem, shame others like Riquelme never braved the move.

• Like 1

I think the man we should have got to replace Benteke has just signed for Newcastle. Mitrovic looks the real deal! I'd have spent the other half of the Benteke money on their other signing Wjaldrum (sp?) too.

• Like 3

I don't know why but for the last few years I have had the same feeling that Lerner has moved the goalposts, from a budget perspective, half way through each window.

Club statements of "never being in this position again" or talk of takeovers happening for 2 years are great for selling season tickets but really we don't seem to have an owner who gives a shit anymore.

Again, lets see what happens after Jim White spaffs for the last time this summer but i'm not optimistic about our chances next season. The only thing that keeps me optimistic is the fact that we spent £9m on a LB. Why do that if we are on a relatively tight budget?

Edited by jacketspuds

I don't know why but for the last few years I have had the same feeling that Lerner has moved the goalposts, from a budget perspective, half way through each window.

Club statements of "never being in this position again" or talk of takeovers happening for 2 years are great for selling season tickets but really we don't seem to have an owner who gives a shit anymore.

Again, lets see what happens after Jim White spaffs for the last time this summer but i'm not optimistic about our chances next season. The only thing that keeps me optimistic is the fact that we spent £9m on a LB. Why do that if we are on a relatively tight budget?

Maybe because we've **** about buying a new left back every year for the past 4? May aswell get it right this time lol?
  • Like 2

Cambiasso has left Leicester ... Wonder if we've made him an offer as he seems to be keen to stay in England

The 2nd bit of ITK i've ever had is that he had a medical with us at the beginning of the month. First Wednesday of the month whatever date that was, he had one that morning.
Really. Give a 34 year old a medical 3/4 weeks before signing him? What sort of clown college club do you think we are???

Actually, nevermind.

Really. Give a 34 year old a medical 3/4 weeks before signing him? What sort of clown college club do you think we are???

Actually, nevermind.

I have no idea whether an actual deal is on the table or what the situation with it is, but it happened. 

Actually, nevermind.

I have no idea whether an actual deal is on the table or what the situation with it is, but it happened.
It wouldn't surprise me. He has probably got knees made of wicker now but we will sign him anyway.

Actually, nevermind.

What was the first bit of itk you got Wills?

Cambiasso would be decent , was big part of Leicster staying up.We could do we some experience in the squad

We need some players for sure both Amavi looked good and we have Gueye and Sanchez to come back into the centre.I worry about Gil got pushed off ball far to easily tonight the final time resulting in an injury.

It's pretty depressing to go from being linked to Batshuayi, Oulare, Embolo, Darder, Praet and (even) Townsend to hearing the manager talk about loan deals as if it's our main source of signings. Eeeeekkkk.

When did TS say that?