Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think the whole delph saga has made it pretty clear what we are likely to do. Stan collymore has soon lost his positivity too. I don't think he's a word removed DCJonah, just probably not willing to pump money into a failing business where there are certainly no guarantees. I don't blame him at all tbh.

But its not his money. It is money the club has generated. So if he's not prepared to do that after how badly he's made us over the last few years then he is indeed a massive word removed face word removed

But its not his money. It is money the club has generated. So if he's not prepared to do that after how badly he's made us over the last few years then he is indeed a massive word removed face word removed

What about his own personal money that he's put in? Is he not entitled to that?

And FWIW I don't like Lerner.

As a minimum at the start of the window we needed to replace Cleverley and get a decent LB. We have done that with Amavi and Gueye so was this money already budgeted? Now we have Delph and Benteke going leaving about £40m left with all other incoming money. £40m could get us a further 4/5 very good players if used properly so let's hope this is the case.

Excatly. If he wants to put additional money in, fine, we'd all like that, but we all saw how useless he was with his money.

But do not take money out the club which the club has naturally generated when;

a) We barely spend anything anyway

B) We have a team that's been in a relegation battle for the past 5 years, and have now just lost 2 of our better players

If there's ever a time to let the club spend it's own money it's now.

What about his own personal money that he's put in? Is he not entitled to that?

And FWIW I don't like Lerner.

I don't know, should he be if it puts the future of the football club in jeopardy?

It was his risk to take, why should he be able to make it back? He took a gamble and lost, and the football club has suffered massively as a consequence.

I don't actually know where I stand on this, just playing devils advocate. However, if he is going to take money out the club, now is not the time to do it. 

Edited by PieFacE

VILLA SHOW DESTRO INTEREST

Aston Villa have shown an interest in Roma striker Mattia Destro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is in need to attacking options in light of the imminent departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool.

Gazetta claim Roma would be willing to let Destro leave the Stadio Olimipico this summer, and the Giallorossi have been continuously linked with replacements, notably Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

Villa, however, may struggle to pull off the audacious move with Destro having already snubbed a move to Monaco this summer in favour of staying in Rome. 

From sky's transfer centre

VILLA SHOW DESTRO INTEREST

Aston Villa have shown an interest in Roma striker Mattia Destro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is in need to attacking options in light of the imminent departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool.

Gazetta claim Roma would be willing to let Destro leave the Stadio Olimipico this summer, and the Giallorossi have been continuously linked with replacements, notably Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

Villa, however, may struggle to pull off the audacious move with Destro having already snubbed a move to Monaco this summer in favour of staying in Rome. 

From sky's transfer centre

His star has waned a little in the last 2 years.

Surplus to requirements at Roma and didn’t set the world alight during his loan spell at Milan this season. Obviously they have not taken up the option to sign him permanently.

Roma are looking to get rid.

Would be a bit of a gamble.