Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think we've spent £15 million of what was probably a £30 million budget (no source) and with £40 million in sales minus what ever goes to Genk we have a war chest this summer.

Confirmed

Richards - free

Sinclair - £1-2 million

Gueye - £7million

Amavi - £8 million

Of the ones linked I'd like to see us sign

Darder £8 million

Pràet £8 million

Townsend £12 million

Austin £15 million

Oulare £7 million

Ryan/heaton £3 million

Not sure on likelyhood of fees but that would take us up to £70 million for the window and much stronger than how we finished last season

Would like to see Praet, Darder and Oulare brought in. Getting those 3 for under 25m will reap a major profit in 3 or 4 years if they were to move on. This isn't like the lambert scenario, these players are a league above the dross brought previously.And I just don't think spending big money on any player without no resale value is the way forward for our club. Still not smitten with the idea of Austin at 15m+, I think there are better players for less money although possibly higher wages(Remy, Hernandez, Martial. And if we managed to nab the 3 mentioned first I would say leave Townsend where he is at 12-15m and concentrate on another CB and the striker situation.

If nothing else the Villa transfer activity has significantly bolstered my knowledge of young continental players.  There are pretty female football hipsters right?  Right?

I'm now basing my Football Manager strategy on players we've bought or been linked to, allthough most of them don't feature apart from Gueye

Saw someone retweet this, guy is a freelance journalist/writes for the villans voice. Just passing it on

@Heathy_25: £16m bid submitted to #QPR by #avfc for 18 #Premier League goal machine Charlie Austin. #NUFC put-off by asking price. Sherwood has money to burn.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Saw someone retweet this, guy is a freelance journalist/writes for the villans voice. Just passing it on

@Heathy_25: £16m bid submitted to #QPR by #avfc for 18 #Premier League goal machine Charlie Austin. #NUFC put-off by asking price. Sherwood has money to burn.

'journalist/writes'

Is very questionable, question it and he'll block you :lol:

The seasons only around the corner need lads in asap. 

Guzan (he'll still be here imo and unconvinced we'd sign a keeper until late in August)

Bacuna

Richards

Clark

Amavi

Westwood

Gueye

Gil

Grealish

Sinclair

Gabby

Could that get us at least a point at Bournemouth? I would like to think so but then our record away to newly promoted teams is toss even we spent 50m under MON and then lost at Stoke. Man. United at home also predictably looks after itself.

To me our season really starts away to Palace, I'm not expecting much from the first two.