Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Nixon has been pretty spot on this summer, so I do think we will be after Oulare and Adebayor once Benteke has gone.

Richard is "guessing" we are signing Praet. Which would be a good buy.

Hopefully we will also sign Dander, maybe another centre back too

So, from that, i'd like us to sign 5 more players.

Oulare

Adebayor (loan)

Praet

Dander

Milosevic

Would be a pretty decent window imo when you put them next to Richards, Sinclair, Amavi and Gueye.

Maybe another CM too but not sure if it's needed.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

I've read about a failed medical at Hull but I've no idea how serious it is.

I know that sounds contradictory but Loic Remy failed a medical at Stoke if memory serves. I suppose every club would take a different view, would be interested to see how he gets on at his next medical.

Wasn't that Dumba Ba?

https://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2015-07-19/obbi-oulare--le-digne-successeur-de-benteke--aston-villa

With more than likely from Christian Benteke (24 years) to Liverpool, Aston Villa is obliged to find a new striker ahead for the next Premier League season. And the Villans have identified the replacement of "Big Ben" Obbi Oularé. Barely 19 years old, the young Bruges is already evolving at a very high level in a year and still has a huge room for improvement. A talent that has not escaped the Borussia Dortmund which had made it a few weeks ago, an offer of € 6.5 million rejected by the Bruges direction. But to secure the services of Oularé, Aston Villa would be prepared to make a great financial effort.

Indeed, the English would put € 10 million for the Imp, the same amount that had allowed them to recruit Benteke there three years. Something to think seriously Vincent Mannaert which will probably not receive the same amount by the end of summer. Business to therefore follow in the coming days.

I know that sounds contradictory but Loic Remy failed a medical at Stoke if memory serves. I suppose every club would take a different view, would be interested to see how he gets on at his next medical.

Wasn't that Dumba Ba?

Yes. My mistake.

Wasn't that Dumba Ba?

Ba at stoke, Austin at Hull, Remy at Liverpool.

With the pound the strongest it's ever been against the Euro, now is the perfect time to be going on a shopping spree in Europe! Strike whilst the quid is hot as they say/have never once said. Remy and Martial to continue the French revolution, just hopefully far better than Newcastle's go at it. May as well go for Yohanne Gourcuff whilst we're at it, should be enough to convince Lloris to come too then. 

I really like Austin but with 1 year left on his deal with a little concern over his knee, and with them stuck in the Championship, anything over £12m would be seem quite expensive. Remy's goal to games ratio in the Premiership is quality and would be far more worthwhile spending that little bit extra on the fee/wages total compared to Adebayor who's the wrong side of 30, generally lazy apart from little bursts here and there and mentally not in the best of places now.

So yes, Remy, Remy Remy! 

Lets offer Chelsea Euros for Remy and see if they notice

The main problem with Embolo is Juventus' interest. Even if we can outbid them, we'd need to convince a player to come here instead of holding out for them. Also, Juventus are looking at him long term, so i expect they'd be open to the idea of signing him and loaning him back for a year, which would be very appealing to them

Ps. I didn't realise I was several pages behind .. So sorry if that suddenly seems random now the conversation moved on

Nixon has been pretty spot on this summer, so I do think we will be after Oulare and Adebayor once Benteke has gone.

Richard is "guessing" we are signing Praet. Which would be a good buy.

Hopefully we will also sign Dander, maybe another centre back too

So, from that, i'd like us to sign 5 more players.

Oulare

Adebayor (loan)

Praet

Dander

Milosevic

Would be a pretty decent window imo when you put them next to Richards, Sinclair, Amavi and Gueye.

Maybe another CM too but not sure if it's needed.

Nixon is Richard. It all makes sense now ;)

The main problem with Embolo is Juventus' interest. Even if we can outbid them, we'd need to convince a player to come here instead of holding out for them. Also, Juventus are looking at him long term, so i expect they'd be open to the idea of signing him and loaning him back for a year, which would be very appealing to them

Ps. I didn't realise I was several pages behind .. So sorry if that suddenly seems random now the conversation moved on

When were jive rumoured to have made the bid?

They've bought zaza in the last week, and dybala and mandzukic, they've still got llorente and morata on the books too

Imo we will need

New goalie

New central defender

New midfielder or two

Two new strikers

So for me another 5 or 6

I'm quite happy with our cb options.

I agree with the rest though and fairly confident we will get them once benteke goes.