Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Wilson is a player i really like. For me he was the best striker in the championship last season. Bags of pace, holds the ball up well and scores goals. 

Troy Deeney was decent in the championship as well but i wouldn't want either of them tbh

• Like 2

Ok, at the end of the season most of us agreed that apart from tekkers, delph, jack, cleverley, sinclair, clark, okore, hutton and maybe guzan, the rest of the team could do one. (although we were all pretty upset about the last 3 performances at the time). Now we have lost 2, nearly 3 and possibly 4 (guzan) of the ones we wanted to stay. strangely enough, i see it as a blessing in disguise as the wages we have free'd up, the extra funds we have generated and the type of player sherwood has been showing an interest in is proving to be the overhaul we want but never thought posiible within one transfer window (this may still prove to be the case). My point is, under lambert we were searching the lower leagues for players but now we are searching for the best young talent in europe plus a few experienced prem players (richards, adebayor and hopefully some we havent guessed yet). If you build a team of championship players you will end up with a championship team. If you build a team of european talent you end up with a european team, champions league here we come! UTV!

• Like 3

I think we should give Abou Diaby a trial and see what his fitness is like. It probably wouldn't come to anything but if he was fit enough to contribute I think it would be a no brainer to sign him. At his best he would be the first player on the team sheet, a bit like Martin Laursen who was also plagued by injuries. 

Surely worth a look?

• Like 2

Koen Casteels looks decent. Similar build to Courtois so would certainly be a bit more commanding in the box.

Casteels is average, nothing special. Werder loaned him last season for a while and chose to sign Felix Wiedwald instead.

Wilson is a player i really like. For me he was the best striker in the championship last season. Bags of pace, holds the ball up well and scores goals. 

Troy Deeney was decent in the championship as well but i wouldn't want either of them tbh

Why because they played in the championship? I think Wilson could make the step up and do very very well for us. 

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/aston-villa-contatti-per-ighalo-e-quei-tentativi-per-babacar/

Di Marzio says that we are looking for a replacement for Benteke and that Watford's Odion Ighalo is one option.

We apparently also look to sign Khoumar Babacar but that seems to be quite a difficult task, especially after he renewed his contract with Fiorentina. Ighalo is the alternative, according to him.

I still reckon kozak can play the target man role for us if required. He scored goals when played and is an absolute beast. We paid 5 mill for him so I'd like to see him given a chance, especially after his horrific injury.

Didn't he put 2 Italian defenders in hospital with broken faces after one match?! Put some balls in the box for him and see what he can do!

I'd like us to move away from this style of play though. I'd rather we went for a different type of striker to complement the pace we have in the team. Where's Robbin keane when you need him?

Edited by simont123

For me were gunna atart season slow tim just has to get his targets in now non english based players will take time to settle we just havent got time fir this we need to hit the ground running. I expect 2-3players in by friday we cannot do our business at the end of august this rebuild is time critical imo.

Yeah we need to be going in for the likes of Embolo. Yes they turned down €20 million from Juventus was it? But that is only 13 million great British pounds. Offer £15 million or €21.6 million euro offer the same old bullshit like add-on's if he's good and all that jazz. If he sucks then we took a gamble and lost, it happens but if he's half as good as he looks he'll be worth £30-£40 million in 3-4 years..

Sorry, but there is no way on gods green earth that Kozak can be described as a 'beast'.

There is no way he can lead the line.

Useful to bring on as a sub and maybe nick a few goals, but no way should he be considered our main threat who will grab 15-20 goals in a season.

• Like 1

I do wonder if Sherwood has mixed up his naughty and nice list. He'd make a cr*ppy Santa Claus...

How the hell else do you explain departures of Delph, Benteke and Cleverley and the current retention, and even recall, of Tonev, N'Zogbia, Richardson and Bennett?!

Considering the massive overhaul of the squad this summer, there is frankly no reason to keep the above names, they're not even useful as squad players. Cole and Senderos add experience at least. Gardner and Sanchez could be given a chance to prove potential. At worst, Hutton, Westwood, Baker, Cissokho and Gabby are squad players.

With all the changes, goalkeeper is last on our to do list but Sherwood seems to be working down the list of our best performers of last few years and getting rid of them rather than getting rid of the worst first.

I do wonder if Sherwood has mixed up his naughty and nice list. He'd make a cr*ppy Santa Claus...

How the hell else do you explain departures of Delph, Benteke and Cleverley and the current retention, and even recall, of Tonev, N'Zogbia, Richardson and Bennett?!

Considering the massive overhaul of the squad this summer, there is frankly no reason to keep the above names, they're not even useful as squad players. Cole and Senderos add experience at least. Gardner and Sanchez could be given a chance to prove potential. At worst, Hutton, Westwood, Baker, Cissokho and Gabby are squad players.

With all the changes, goalkeeper is last on our to do list but Sherwood seems to be working down the list of our best performers of last few years and getting rid of them rather than getting rid of the worst first.

Contracts, clauses, people wanting to leave etc?

• Like 1

not hard to explain really

delph and benteke - release clauses, nothing we can do if they are met and they want to leave

cleverly - was only on loan, nothing we can do if he chose to go elsewhere

tonev, nzogbia, richardson and bennett - under contract, other teams have to want them and they have to want to go

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

He didn't choose to sell Delph and Benteke. The release clauses took the matter from his hands.

Cleverly didn't depart - he was out of contract from another club. He was never ours.

The other players are retained/recalled because Sherwood can't shift them because these are our contracted players. He would probably shift some/all but you can't sell if nobody wants them.

• Like 1