Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

just a though if we do indeed sell benteke, id rather a foreign club but suppose man u > liverpool. anyway, as we have been linked with a move for dennis praet of anderlecht i would love to see a double deal for mitrovic swell, although the young serb striker has been linked heavily with a move to newcastle 

Edited by TOM_VILLA_SCO

Kristoffer Ajer is one for the future, and not the distant future either. Seen this kid since he was 14 and he is quality. Currently in his first season in top flight and was a captain on his debut. No doubt he will be snapped up quickly. Already banged in 8 goals in 16 matches. Turned 17 in April. Yes, the league is terrible but he's impressive. Shows remarkable leadership at his age and he is nearly 2m tall

• Like 1

Not much we can raise now by sales apart from the one obvious exception

Agbonlahor - 3m ?

Bennett - 1m

Senderos - 2m

Cissokho - 2m

What else can we sell to raise cash?

so i'll ask again,  who do we think will be out?

Senderos

Cissokho

Bennett

Joe Cole

Tonev

Robinson (loan)

6 right there although doubt they'll all go.

I wonder who gets squeezed out if Townsend turns up. Logically N'zogbia but not easy to move him on, he'll go on a free imo. Still worry it wil be Gil.

Would allow us to get in 

Amavi

Townsend

Praet

New Striker (of course I forget to put Benteke in the departure lounge although I doubt Sherwood was including him in the 5-7)

That's how we need to work really, cull 5-7 and get in 3-4 quality. Considering how bad some of them are we certainly don't need to replace man for man as by numbers we do actually have quite a large squad.

I've been meaning to suggest this link for a few days but given we're signing a player for Nice, they also have a Brazilian striker called Carlos Eduardo who scored a shed load of goals for them last season. They beat Guingamp 7-2 and pretty sure he scored 5 of them.

Not sure if he was on loan there or if they signed him permanently but now we've got dialogue going he could be a left field option to look at once Benteke goes perhaps?

I dont think we can just sign 1 player to replace him directly, we could get 2 strikers that would get 30 goals between them that would negate the combined loss of goals from Benteke and Weimann combined

• Like 1