Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

The Richards signing made me think about the takeover and whether it's happening,

This signing, for all of the above reasons, confirms something must be happening. Villa don't beat Chelsea to signing's, certainly in a position we don't really need to strengthen just yet. 

Who's signing these cheques..

Stoke apparently close to shaquiri for 9m now that would be a real marquee signing for us

Thankfully it looks like he wants to join Inter.  That would have been a very annoying signing if they'd managed that.

Regarding Begovic.  Ignoring our own opinions of our keepers for a moment.  We know Sherwood has chopped and changed them so he is clearly unsure about them.  It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was interested in bringing in arguably the best available keeper in the Premier League.

Agreed, Begovic is an improvement on both Guzan and Given.

I do like Guzan and rate him to a certain extent, but cant be sentimental as the current team finished 17th in the league last year, any position that can be improved on, then go for it.

Guzan is a very good keeper, with potential to be a great one, but I'd definitely take Begovic. He's a bit better, a bit younger, and a bit more consistent. Yes please

The Richards signing made me think about the takeover and whether it's happening,

This signing, for all of the above reasons, confirms something must be happening. Villa don't beat Chelsea to signing's, certainly in a position we don't really need to strengthen just yet.

We beat Chelsea for Okore ;)
  • Like 3

While i hope you'r right, regarding Begovic it could be that he's not at the point of his career that he want's to sit on the bench all season only playing the odd cup game as will be the case should he move to Chelsea

• Like 1

Begovic (if true) seems strange for a club of our spending – Tim and Tom aren’t stupid, you just wouldn’t outlay money on an expensive new GK when it needs to be spent elsewhere first. It actually sounds like (dun dun duhhh) the work of a club about to be taken over by a richer owner about to splash the cash.

:suspect:

Strange if true.

A back 5 that includes Micah Richards and Asmir Begovic fills me with a lot of confidence. If we can improve left back by, for example, replacing Keiran Richardson with a standard green recycling wheelie bin and then hope no-one triggers Benteke's asking price then I might dare to dream of a season full of midtable boredom.

Villa's new left back caught having one too many on summer break.

image.jpg

Still, better than Bennett.

A back 5 that includes Micah Richards and Asmir Begovic fills me with a lot of confidence. If we can improve left back by, for example, replacing Keiran Richardson with a standard green recycling wheelie bin and then hope no-one triggers Benteke's asking price then I might dare to dream of a season full of midtable boredom.

image.jpg

Made me snigger

image.jpg

Disgraceful.  Only just signed for us as well!

Wish we'd gone for Brown Recycling bin instead of this piece of Championship-standard shit.

• Like 3

I think it's OK as long as he only does it once.  He's still young.  I can't even see a house number painted on him yet.

• Like 3

image.jpg

Disgraceful.  Only just signed for us as well!

Wish we'd gone for Brown Recycling bin instead of this piece of Championship-standard shit.

A little green behind Gil maybe?

Edited by sne

Your bin racist !

image.jpg

Disgraceful. Only just signed for us as well!

Your bin racist !

image.jpg

Disgraceful. Only just signed for us as well!

You're bin racist !

Sorry for the phone meltdown above.

Awesome signing if it happened.  

Guzan is a nice guy and it's really satisfying to see him progress the way he has, but I think everyone agrees his distribution is poor to terrible, as good a shot stopper as he is, his poor distribution will always hold us back as a team.  Begovic would be a significant upgrade by all measures.

I really can't see why Begovic would even look twice at us at the moment. He's easily a Top 4 goalkeeper and better off sticking with Stoke than coming here. 

Its like a chef deciding not to apply for a job in a Michelin starred kitchen, jacking in his own Gastro Pub and joining McDonalds flipping burgers. 

i hope this 10m is not a majority of our tarnsfer budget. as good as a keeper as he is, i think 10m needs to spend on other areas

if this is just a s mall part of our budget then it would be  a good signing.

He has not signed. A lot of people getting a little bit carried away.

• Like 2

He has not signed. A lot of people getting a little bit carried away.

People getting way to excited