Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I'd rather Szczęsny if possible.

In a heartbeat, but never going to leave Arsenal.

Despite the reports, my impression is that he thinks too highly of himself to accept being designated back-up. Which he will be when they sign Čech. Whether he would attract better offers than us is another matter.

Weimann to Derby, I'm shocked.

Having read a lot of your posts on here I struggle to see what you add, I'll keep reading though and hope they improve, doubt it though! It's as if you're in the know when in fact you just post what is already being reported in the media.
Dunno, Richard called it ages before it was in the media to be fair.
I read it in the BBC gossip page the morning of that post, which is hilarious.
  • Like 4

Garbutt has been mentioned in here as a possible left back option.

Well based on tonight's game he has got a lot to learn.

He's been pretty garbage, very poor crossing and passing.

Time is on his side but I think he would be a risk as a starter next season.

• Like 1

Strikes me as an Agbonlahor-esque head down run merchant does Townsend, whilst he'd certainly be an upgrade on Weimann not too sure I'd want to be risking £10-12M on him especially if our budget is as limited as it has been in recent seasons.

Think we could do a lot better for that sort of money.

• Like 2

Garbutt has been mentioned in here as a possible left back option.

Well based on tonight's game he has got a lot to learn.

He's been pretty garbage, very poor crossing and passing.

Time is on his side but I think he would be a risk as a starter next season.

best young left back in England I believe I heard ;)

• Like 1

I would be happy with Heaton and Townsend. Don't think much of Garbett to be honest, would be more interested in Amiva although the jump from Ligue 1 to Premier League is huge.

Most people seem to think Richards has been brought in to play at heart of the defence?? I would be playing him in his right back position definitely, much better option than Hutton, and it would mean Bacuna could concentrate on trying to get the right wing shirt. 

If both Senderos and Vlaar are going I'd still be looking for a top class centre back, as well as signing Richards to be fair. 

• Like 1

I thought  Townsend was excellent when on loan at QPR. He has always performed for Hodgson. He's a Sherwood type player because he's prepared to take risks and take players on. He's still only 23. I think he would be an excellent signing if we can get him. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Weimann to Derby, I'm shocked.

Having read a lot of your posts on here I struggle to see what you add, I'll keep reading though and hope they improve, doubt it though! It's as if you're in the know when in fact you just post what is already being reported in the media.
Dunno, Richard called it ages before it was in the media to be fair.
I read it in the BBC gossip page the morning of that post, which is hilarious.

No you didn't

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Derby interested

Edited by Mister_a

I thought  Townsend was excellent when on loan at QPR. He has always performed for Hodgson. He's a Sherwood type player because he's prepared to take risks and take players on. He's still only 23. I think he would be an excellent signing if we can get him. 

I agree. He's the type of player Sherwood can develop. He takes players on, and has a decent shot on him. I believe that WAS hyped up way too much, as is the case with every young english player who arrives on the scene but he could be moulded into a great player for us. 

He was excellent at QPR, so much so, that I thought Tottenham had a ready made replacement for Bale on their hands.

I haven't seen much of him since his time at QPR, but if he'd have continued to be that good he'd be out of our league as things stands anyway. At least we know he's capable of being capable, and it wasn't as if it was ages ago. Given a run in someones first team I think he'd do well.