Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Do we roughly know how much the bid is?

If this and the Richards thing comes off then I'm pretty sure a takeover is very close.

There is no way Lerner would sanction anyone on 65k a week after what has happened in the past and we wouldn't be this active in the transfer market.

All positive signs I feel. I really hope we don't just sign English players as this isn't a good policy.

Aston Villa leading the race to sign Charlton's highly-rated midfielder Jordan Cousins with Liverpool and Newcastle keen

Aston Villa are leading a trio of Barclays Premier League clubs interested in highly-rated Charlton starlet Jordan Cousins.

Liverpool and Newcastle are also tracking the England U20 international, aware that he has only 12 months left on his contract at the Valley.

Villa have the edge because Tim Sherwood’s assistant Mark Robson has a long association with Charlton, where he played and coached in the academy for six years.

I always wonder what they mean in reality when they say something like 'leading the chase'.  For me, if 4 sides are interested and none of them have signed him yet then they're all dead equal.  It only takes one of them to make a phone call that seals the deal.

I always wonder what they mean in reality when they say something like 'leading the chase'.  For me, if 4 sides are interested and none of them have signed him yet then they're all dead equal.  It only takes one of them to make a phone call that seals the deal.

It quite clearly states that we're leading the race because Mark Robson coached him for six years.

It quite clearly states that we're leading the race because Mark Robson coached him for six years.

I honestly don't even know if you're joking or not, in the sense that having an ex-coach puts you into the lead of an imaginary race.  My point still stands AFAIC.

• Like 1

If this and the Richards thing comes off then I'm pretty sure a takeover is very close.

There is no way Lerner would sanction anyone on 65k a week after what has happened in the past and we wouldn't be this active in the transfer market.

All positive signs I feel. I really hope we don't just sign English players as this isn't a good policy.

Even the Richards signing is evidence for me. I'd be surprised if we were the only club in for him.

Exactly how active are we?

I'm not sure the signing of new players offers any clues about how close a take over is.

There will already be a budgets in place, probably set by Fox.

Villa have lost Tom Cleverley, will listen to offers for Carles Gil and anticipate interest from Manchester City in England midfielder Fabian Delph.

They want midfielders with the likes of Tom Huddlestone at Hull an option and Eyserric, 23, another on the radar although any deal has yet to be discussed.

Amavi is a 21-year-old left-back who has been monitored by the likes of Arsenal. He is valued at around £3.5million.

Meanwhile, Delph, who was the subject of enquiries from Tottenham and Liverpool prior to signing his new contract at Villa, is wary of moving to Eastlands if it affects his chances of playing regularly. City want homegrown players such as Fulham's Patrick Roberts but can't guarantee starting places, as discovered by James Milner and Jack Rodwell in recent seasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3126439/West-Ham-improve-bid-Marseille-star-Dimitri-Payet-Everton-Chelsea-striker-Patrick-Bamford-Newcastle-look-offload-Papiss-Cisse.html

Oh dear, Huddlestone.... great. We need energetic midfielders, not ones that can barely move. 

So that's another player to join richards on the on the treatment table ;)

Edited by PieFacE

I have to admit that I'm a Huddleston fan. Just thought that we would be looking to replace cleverly first, rather than have another Westwood-esque option. Ohh well still all just speculation I guess, but I think tom can defiantly add something to the team.