Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Would quite like us to get in some of the more highly rated young Championship players like Will Hughes or Tyrone Mings as opposed to raiding the relegated teams for players.

Ooo I don't know, we've had our fingers burnt by that policy a LOT. I'd stick to proven Premier League quality now...

Would quite like us to get in some of the more highly rated young Championship players like Will Hughes or Tyrone Mings as opposed to raiding the relegated teams for players.

Ooo I don't know, we've had our fingers burnt by that policy a LOT. I'd stick to proven Premier League quality now...
We've been burnt before on average Championship players. I think signing Mings and Hughes would be different to when we brought in in Bennett and Westwood.

I agree we do also need more experienced quality in the spine of the team. Not sure who though.

My plans:

Out: 

Benteke 35m

N'Zogbia 3m

Weimann 3m

Lowton 2m

Senderos 1m

Vlaar

Joe Cole

Tonev

Sylla

Luna

Helenius

Richardson

Bent

In:

Aleksander Mitrovic (10m - FW )

Chicharito (10m - FW )

Michu (Free -FW )

Leroy Fer (8m - AM)

Jonathan Walters (Free - RW)

Bakary Sako (Free - LW)

Abate (Free - LB) or Jonathan (Free - LB)

Carlos Zambrano (Free - CB)

Fabian Schär (8m - CB )

Rene Adler (5m - GK)

44M In
41M Out

------------------------Adler------------------

Hutton----------Schar---Clark-------Abate

--------------Delph-------Sanchez----------

Sako--------------------------------------Fer

------------Chicharito----Mitrovic----------

• Like 1

My plans:

Out: 

Benteke 35m

N'Zogbia 3m

Weimann 3m

Lowton 2m

Senderos 1m

Vlaar

Joe Cole

Tonev

Sylla

Luna

Helenius

Richardson

Bent

In:

Chicharito (10m - FW )

Michu (Free -FW )

Leroy Fer (8m - AM)

Bakary Sako (Free - LW)

Fabian Schär (8m - CB )

Rene Adler (5m - GK)

44M In
41M Out

What has happened here??

My plans:

Out:

Benteke 35m

N'Zogbia 3m

Weimann 3m

Lowton 2m

Senderos 1m

Vlaar

Joe Cole

Tonev

Sylla

Luna

Helenius

Richardson

Bent

In:

Chicharito (10m - FW )

Michu (Free -FW )

Leroy Fer (8m - AM)

Bakary Sako (Free - LW)

Fabian Schär (8m - CB )

Rene Adler (5m - GK)

44M In

41M Out

What has happened here??

Isn't N'Zogbia out of contract anyway?

In reality we need 4/5 quality players who will go straight into the starting 11 and improve things. What we will get will sadly be the complete opposite. Tim will have to try and sign 6/7 players with a 10-15m budget and that it the reason we are being linked with Swindon and Brentford players. While Lerner is still here we will only go in one direction and I think this summer transfer window will show this is the case again sadly.

Why are people talking about 5m+ players like it's FM?

Under Lerner/FFP we have very little money to spend and so far I've not seen or heard anything to the contrary, have I missed something?

The only way we might see some money spent is to sell first but apart from Benteke we don't have much to sell. Lose Benteke goals and we are as good as gone it's that serious.

Some will say selling him for the reported 32.5m is good business and that money can be used to buy 3/4 decent player to replace and rebuild. If we were finishing it the top half then I might agree but we will really struggle to lure the type of players needed to the club after the last 5 seasons. Besides the club under Lerner will not pay the wages that other clubs do and most will go to the club who offers them the most money.

The best we can hope for is to carry on trying to find the next Benteke down in the bargain basements, depressing I know but this is our reality.

Swansea Sold Bony hasn't made much difference....someone else will step up to the plate.....we need a team.

No disrespect, but what did a potentially 32.5 mill pound player do for us yesterday, without the service.

He needs players around him to flourish and we havn't got them....its a parodox

its time to do business.....just like the time with Andy Gray and John Deehan.....There is always a right time and I think it is now.

Don't get me wrong Tro, if selling Benteke means we can get the right players in to bulid a good team then yes I'd do it in a heartbeat.

With respect mate it's not 1979, the clubs who pay the most get the best players. Yes we can still pick of the relegated teams and lower leagues but the chance of us being able to sign a player that plays for one of the top 6 teams that they wish to keep is almost nil.

I say again without selling Beneke we have very little money to spend, probably less than 10m in total, we may well spend it on one player but we all know we are 4/5 players short of even being a mid table club.

Maybe I'm just down after one of the worst season I can recall coming on the back of 4 seasons that were almost as bad finished off by one of the most pathetic FAC final performances ever seen.