Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Dario Hubner and Igli Tare 😍

Hubner was a great goalscorer. He was in that tier of prolific striker who wouldn't really get a look in with the national side. Along with the likes of Igor Protti, Roberto Muzzi, Marco Ferranti, Cristiano Lucarelli, Pippo Maniero, Marazzina (the one who played for Chievo and Bolognia).

Pretty much all of these were great signings on Championship/ Football Manager at some point.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Speaking of Baggio I still cannot get over this goal, especially given how late in his career he scored it.

Made Van Der Sar look like a right mug there :lol: 

Typical Pirlo pass too. What a throwback.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Zamorano was definitely at his best at Real Madrid, he was OK at Inter.

If you look around 96-98 Inter really did have some insane attacking talent. Obviously Ronaldo, Zamorano and Baggio who was playing a bit deeper for them. But they also had a very young Recoba (he was absolutely insane during his loan spell at Venezia - I remember him scoring from near the half way line) and Djorkaeff. They even had players like Branca (remember him at Middlesbrough) and Marizio Ganz who were both very handy goalscorers in their own right. 

Oh and they also had Kanu at one point but it didn't really work out for him I think due to a combination of failing to settle and the doctors identifying a heart condition.

Nicola Ventola was also there as a young player. Was rated as their Michael Owen type due to his record for Italy under 21s but spent years on Inter's bench and never broke through. Played for Crystal Palace briefly in the prem but had loads of injuries by that stage.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Nicola Ventola was also there as a young player. Was rated as their Michael Owen type due to his record for Italy under 21s but spent years on Inter's bench and never broke through. Played for Crystal Palace briefly in the prem but had loads of injuries by that stage.

He was a great prospect. Seemed to be harmed by injuries and the fact that Inter had too much quality in his position. Ventola was another great buy on Championship Manager!

On 09/11/2019 at 05:39, OutByEaster? said:

Having a bit of a tidy and came across a team sheet for a reserve game with Arsenio Halfhuid on it. He now plays in the sixth division in Holland should anyone but me be the slightest bit interested.

If only we got the full huid, he could have been something. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

After last playing in 2011, Robbie “Lilly” Savage has come out of retirement 

Some players can get away playing longer due to the technical ability and brain they have. Robbie Savage was one of the most headless chickens to play on a football pitch 

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Me too, another player Doug refused to spend a poultry £2million on

He played about 20 career top flight games after and was a bit part player in 2 relegated teams. 

We can give Doug a pass on this one 😉

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He played about 20 career top flight games after and was a bit part player in 2 relegated teams. 

We can give Doug a pass on this one 😉

Granted, but at the time I was disappointed we didn't sign him permanently

Â