Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Such a regular thing as well, even Ridgewell got a few against us 

He was playing for Villa at the time but still 😂

Speaking of Ridgewell, that Norwich player McClean, the one who conceded the penalty on Hourihane last week looks like a clone of him.

• 2 weeks later...

Steven "razzle dazzle" Davis scored for Rangers tonight. The one who used to play for us. Amazingly he's still only 34, I'd presumed he'd died of old age several years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Wasn't he another player just a bit too not average enough for o'Neill? Probably got in djemba djemba to replace him, Davis then plays about 1000 games for Southampton 

He had a decent enough season under O'Leary. About 7-8 goals but his positional play was weak.

Fell down the pecking order when we signed Petrov and moved Barry centrally.

It's forgotten but he then moved to Fulham when they signed half the Northern Irish team and didn't make much impact. Did well at Southampton though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He had a decent enough season under O'Leary. About 7-8 goals but his positional play was weak.

It's forgotten but he then moved to Fulham when they signed half the Northern Irish team and didn't make much impact. Did well at Southampton though.

He must have only been young though under o leary? 

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

He must have only been young though under o leary? 

Nah he was about 28 I think according to @GarethRDR.😉

I really can't remember much of anything he did in 06/07 or whether he was even a regular in MON's first season tbh. Ultimately in summer 2007 he sees Barry being moved to central midfield and likes of Petrov and Reo-Coker being signed. Yeah he could've just stayed as a squad player but at that age he wanted to be playing every week and his national team manager wanted him at Fulham.

The mistake of course was doing the same method to Gary Cahill.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

MON was playing him in a wider role which didn't suit him. He's a good player and whilst I'm not big fan of MON it's clear Davis wouldn't have got into our central midfield given the players we went on to sign.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Having a bit of a tidy and came across a team sheet for a reserve game with Arsenio Halfhuid on it. He now plays in the sixth division in Holland should anyone but me be the slightest bit interested.

Is it correct that he was a left sided defender? 

Thanks to @sne Gabriel Barbosa

Last I'd seen of him was FM when I was inter boss on he was on loan at benfica, since had loans to Santos and flamengo where it looks like he's doing OK, absolute non event in europe

Can remember the hype around him, maybe as much as neymar (maybe because he was the next one up) definitely hasn't lived up to it

• Thanks 1

Â