Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Nampalys Mendy. Starting right now for Leicester and just got injured and had to be replaced by Ndidi who's presumably been keeping him out in the first place. Thought he left a long time ago.

One for the "Player's You've Never Heard of" thread for me personally :P

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

West Brom got Al Habsi as their sub keeper today. No idea when they signed him but remember him as a decent keeper for Wigan years back.

He must be in his mid 40s now

On 22/01/2020 at 23:15, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He was a crock before he even went there, £30 million he cost. Targett was good business in comparison.

Arsenal looking at new left back options already 

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Geovanni, the Brazilian that played for Hull City when they first came up in 2008. Looked an absolute world beater that season then just disappeared off the face of the earth.

He played for Man. City the year before. There are some great forgotten ones in that 2007 Sven spending spree. Elano looked amazing in his first 4 months in the premier league and Martin Petrov was a pretty good player aswell, think I read he stayed in Manchester area and was playing Sunday league!

Edited by VillaChris

On 25/01/2020 at 17:53, Mantis said:

Speaking of Wigan, remember Hugo Rodallega?

He was a player I was convinced we'd end up signing at some point.  He seemed cut out for the late days of Randy Lerner's tenure in charge at Villa Park. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He was a player I was convinced we'd end up signing at some point.  He seemed cut out for the late days of Randy Lerner's tenure in charge at Villa Park. 

I remember his goal at VP and jumping up and clapping.  I was given a barrage of abuse for it :lol: 

But what a goal!

Â