Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It was Miguel that we were constantly linked with.

That was under MON, It was Ba we were linked with, I put his name into Google with Aston villa and there were articles from 2012 to 2017 linking us with him

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Jose Bosingwa? 

And there was a lad called Miguel or something I seem to remember 

MON days those two were. Miguel had an average career, was at Betis for a few years but didn't do much. Bosingwa bit of a liability for Chelsea and then couldn't be bothered at QPR so doubt he'd have improved us much.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

MON days those two were. Miguel had an average career, was at Betis for a few years but didn't do much. Bosingwa bit of a liability for Chelsea and then couldn't be bothered at QPR so doubt he'd have improved us much.

Miguel was class, he played over 200 games for Valencia and was Portugal 1st choice right back. Was a bit injury prone though

That French midfielder lad we were linked with under Lambert for £10, think it went to play in Russia or somewhere.

Like Kalinic the fact we missed out on him was gutting and immediately in your head you think they are superstars.

Then a few years letter you realise they were shite anyway.

Much like the girls that got away in my youth.

Ahhh memories.

Where was I.

Oh yeah, the Lambert years. GRIM.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That French midfielder lad we were linked with under Lambert for £10, think it went to play in Russia or somewhere.

Like Kalinic the fact we missed out on him was gutting and immediately in your head you think they are superstars.

Then a few years letter you realise they were shite anyway.

Much like the girls that got away in my youth.

Ahhh memories.

Where was I.

Oh yeah, the Lambert years. GRIM.

Wes Hoolahan was another one we were linked to for ages, he was already about 33 at that stage.

Think Norwich went down that season and he never played in premier league again.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Wes Hoolahan was another one we were linked to for ages, he was already about 33 at that stage.

Think Norwich went down that season and he never played in premier league again.

He was still in the Norwich squad when came up again as we played them the season we went down

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He was still in the Norwich squad when came up again as we played them the season we went down

Indeed he did, my mistake. Still yet another manager or player we'd have signed way past his prime.

Didn't realise he was actually at WBA last season, just 8 games.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Indeed he did, my mistake. Still yet another manager or player we'd have signed way past his prime.

Didn't realise he was actually at WBA last season, just 8 games.

Now he's at Newcastle....in Australia.

Â