Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Danny Drinkwater. 

Now spends his time boozing. Got battered outside a Manchester club the other week

Ultimate flash in the pan / one season wonder. Made the most of his time in the limelight by getting a DUI and getting battered trying to shag another footballers GF what a waste of oxygen.

• Like 2

That Michael Johnson kid who played for City just before (pretty confident) they got on the money train.

Apparently he was meant to be some prodigy but ended up suffering and buckling under the limelight and attention.

34 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

That Michael Johnson kid who played for City just before (pretty confident) they got on the money train.

Apparently he was meant to be some prodigy but ended up suffering and buckling under the limelight and attention.

He was actually crippled by injury and had to retire early from the game, so didn’t quite buckle under the limelight. 

35 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

He was actually crippled by injury and had to retire early from the game, so didn’t quite buckle under the limelight. 

Oh my mistake. I swear it was him who people were saying that it all got too much for him, and what crippled him was the angst surrounding all that.

Upon writing that sentence I thought I'd do a quick google and here you go:

In an interview with the Manchester Evening News following his release from Manchester City, he revealed that he that had been under treatment for several years by The Priory Clinic for mental health problems. Johnson added that he "would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Johnson_(footballer,_born_1988)#Personal_life

Didn't he have a major drink problem too?  (Probably only relatively major in terms of him being a modern day footballer).

I remember him taking on a few of our team to score a winner at their place once.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Didn't he have a major drink problem too?  (Probably only relatively major in terms of him being a modern day footballer).

I remember him taking on a few of our team to score a winner at their place once.

that's what I remember the weight gain being attributed to, serious knee injury, suffered with depression, drank, put weight on, got the piss ripped out of him by all and sundry, was more or less finished and got very very little sympathy thanks to his lucrative contract

I bet he's had some dark days

• Like 1

On 16/09/2019 at 15:04, Jimzk5 said:

Who was that Porto defender we were linked with every transfer window under lambert? 

Abdoulyae Ba perhaps?

Not had much of a career, didn't break through at Porto and spent last few years at Rayo Vallecano. Rayo is my Spanish team so seen lots of him and fair to say he was bar the odd good performance pretty much out of his depth in La Liga.

Was also at 1860 Munich when they got relegated into German regional leagues.

Edited by VillaChris

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Abdoulyae Ba perhaps?

Not had much of a career, didn't break through at Porto and spent last few years at Rayo Vallecano. Rayo is my Spanish team so seen lots of him and fair to say he was bar the odd good performance pretty much out of his depth in La Liga.

So a Lambert type signing 

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Abdoulyae Ba perhaps?

That was him 

Â