Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Thanks to @sne Gabriel Barbosa

Last I'd seen of him was FM when I was inter boss on he was on loan at benfica, since had loans to Santos and flamengo where it looks like he's doing OK, absolute non event in europe

Can remember the hype around him, maybe as much as neymar (maybe because he was the next one up) definitely hasn't lived up to it

Has been in recent Brazil squads

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has been in recent Brazil squads

20 goals in 23 league games for Flamengo this season apparently.

Back to Inter in January when his loan finishes. 

Or perhaps they loan him out again.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

20 goals in 23 league games for Flamengo this season apparently.

Back to Inter in January when his loan finishes. 

Or perhaps they loan him out again.

Conte is moaning about his squad size. Depends his attitude if Conte approved

Just now, Zatman said:

I miss the good old days when inter had about 80 senior players in their squad.

So much fun trimming the squad when you played Inter on football Manager. Most of em you couldn't even give away for free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

So much fun trimming the squad when you played Inter on football Manager. Most of em you couldn't even give away for free.

Thet must have had the Biabiany guy on a 15 year contract 😂😂

Think I only ever saw him play once for Inter

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Lukaku and martinez with then colidio, pinamonti, icardi and Barbosa out on loan

Inter have a decent attack in there somewhere 

Their next big problem will be keeping skriniar 

Inter have apparently turned down the first 15m Euro offer from Flamengo on Barbosa and are asking 20m Euro.

if he's available for that money it might be wort a punt for us.

Still young and a completely different type of player to Wesley, can also play on the right side of attack

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

No chance really. Lukaku, Laturo Martinez and when he's back fit Alexis all above him in the pecking order.

More disappointing was him flopping at Benfica as if you do well there then likes of Wolves or Watford might've taken a punt on him.

It's true when him and Gabriel Jesus came to europe at similar time he was seen as the more advanced player.

Dickson Etuhu has been found guilty of bribery in a match fixing scandal in Allsvenskan with his former team AIK.

Sadly no jail time thou. Guy is a creep, he avoided jail time when he attacked a doorman at a club in Stockholm as well a few years back.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Great one tonight...Winston Reid played a half for New Zealand v ROI. Seems like years since he last played for West Ham. Always thought he was a decent CB when he played for them regularly.

Seen his name pop up on FM a few weeks back and was wondering same thing. Hasnt he had bad luck with injuries 

On 10/11/2019 at 12:15, sne said:

Made me think of Alvaro Recoba for some reason!

• Like 2

This match is a great watch:

Roma 4 Inter 5 from May 1999

Inter played Ronaldo and Zamarano upfront with Baggio in number 10 role. Ridiculous quality. Inter's man was actually Roy Hodgson aswell (in his second caretaker spell) to add to it all.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

This match is a great watch:

Roma 4 Inter 5 from May 1999

Inter played Ronaldo and Zamarano upfront with Baggio in number 10 role. Ridiculous quality. Inter's man was actually Roy Hodgson aswell (in his second caretaker spell) to add to it all.

Roma under Zdenek Zeman was ridiculously entertaining.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

For some reason, I thought about Goran Pandev the other day.

really liked him in his prime and he’s still playing at the age of 36 for Genoa. 

And still scoring too. Needs to shave off the hair though. He's formed an unfortunate looking pattern.

• Like 2

Zamorano was definitely at his best at Real Madrid, he was OK at Inter.

If you look around 96-98 Inter really did have some insane attacking talent. Obviously Ronaldo, Zamorano and Baggio who was playing a bit deeper for them. But they also had a very young Recoba (he was absolutely insane during his loan spell at Venezia - I remember him scoring from near the half way line) and Djorkaeff. They even had players like Branca (remember him at Middlesbrough) and Marizio Ganz who were both very handy goalscorers in their own right. 

Oh and they also had Kanu at one point but it didn't really work out for him I think due to a combination of failing to settle and the doctors identifying a heart condition.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Â