Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you never heard of Nani? ;)  

Raul Ruidiaz is probably a bigger name in football than Carles Gil

If watching the Euros with my 22 yr old nephew has taught me anything, it's that I am very ignorant when it comes to players playing in other countries. ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

If watching the Euros with my 22 yr old nephew has taught me anything, it's that I am very ignorant when it comes to players playing in other countries. ;)

maybe, i just remember he was playing at the last World Cup

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I got the wrong spelling, apparently.

Steven Davis, of AVFC.

How do you pronounce this?  You need to be very exact so we know who you're on about...

Fernando Morientes, somebody mentioned him yesterday and I’d completely forgotten he existed. Always liked him at Real Madrid, and with Raul for Spain. Completely forgot that he played for Liverpool at one point too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

Will Hughes.

Wasn't until we had that tenuous link with him the other day that I remembered all the hype surrounding him during our Lambert years. 

Championship baller at 17 running games under McCartney iirc. Why he stayed at Derby for another 5 years i don't know.

The hype had gone and Watford was a very middling move.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Championship baller at 17 running games under McCartney iirc. Why he stayed at Derby for another 5 years i don't know.

The hype had gone and Watford was a very middling move.

Nigel Clough was manager

On 01/07/2021 at 14:24, rodders0223 said:

MLS must be really bad.

Like I knew it was bad when I last watched it and BWP was ripping up but now it must be abhorrent.

Having watched some MLS lately I'm still amazed how poor the defending is. Don't get me wrong, it's lacklustre football for the most part but the defending is just shocking. Shame to cause I'd hoped the MLS might have become an interesting league, it's as bad as the Chinese league now. The lack of a full on relegation/promotion system hasn't helped. 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2021 at 23:37, HanoiVillan said:

Commentator in the Denmark game mentioned Dennis Rommedahl, can't believe I'd forgotten he existed.

Played for Charlton as well. Remember him being very fast.

• Like 1

I heard the name Reece Oxford mentioned today - remember him? West Ham's young star, went over to Germany, paved the way for the likes of Sancho and Bellingham? He was going to be the next big thing, future England captain et al.

Currently playing for Ausburg.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Â