2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Just because owners haven't in the past come into a club and changed the manager straight away doesn't mean to say our new guys won't.

Absolutely nothing to suggest they will change the manager straight away though. We don't even know who these new owners are.

In that case absolutely nothing to suggest that they won't.

History suggests they are likely not to.

History suggest that other owners haven't brought in their own manager but it doesn't suggest that our new owners won't.

Edited by useless

'No matter how many instances of white swans we may have observed, this does not justify the conclusion that all swans are white'

When the sea gull follows the trawler...............

这是因为他们认为沙丁鱼会被扔进海里
  • Like 1

If u ask me, if the new contract for benteke being 90k a week then the takeover is further down the line than we think. I mean, Lerner out all contracts on hold until a certain deadline last time out, right?

I think they just see Benteke as an asset and will help any takeover negotiations that are ongoing. If Lerner can tie Benteke down then it might help his position and also, he knows that he won't be paying whatever is offered for too much longer...

If u ask me, if the new contract for benteke being 90k a week then the takeover is further down the line than we think. I mean, Lerner out all contracts on hold until a certain deadline last time out, right?

I think they just see Benteke as an asset and will help any takeover negotiations that are ongoing. If Lerner can tie Benteke down then it might help his position and also, he knows that he won't be paying whatever is offered for too much longer...

Maybe he won't be paying much longer but why scupper any deal with new owners by putting him on a huge contract? Personally think there's more too it

Maybe he won't be paying much longer but why scupper any deal with new owners by putting him on a huge contract? Personally think there's more too it

I would guess any new deal has been mentioned to the prospective buyer and that he like us considers Villa are a better prospect with Benteke rather than without him. Could it also be that the potential buyer(s) do not want to apply quite the same restraint on wages that our current custodian has done of late?  

Benteke will be offered more than 90k at other clubs in my opinion therefore I can see him rejecting that

Especially with his fool of an agent

Agreed. But it may make him think twice and it will increase whatever chances there were of his staying with us. 

Where are you getting this from fella?

Well someone has exclusivity hippo, so it is very much 'on'.  Exclusivity lasts 6 weeks but they don't necessarily need all 6 weeks to make their minds up.  According to an earlier post, absolute best case is 2 weeks.  Whether they buy or not is still up in the air.  Let's hope due diligence doesn't unearth any surprises.

Â