2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

If Baggies get sold for around £150m and nothing happens with us, there's more problems with the club than we know.

Why?

Everton have been up for years and they haven't gone through.

Everton need a new stadium which adds £200m to the price of any takeover effectively.

• Like 1

If Baggies get sold for around £150m and nothing happens with us, there's more problems with the club than we know. 

If WBA get sold for £150m then Lerner's right to hold out for more than that. Whilst we are living on the same street as them we are a much bigger and nicer house.

We need an update of our own. Before we confirmed our safety reporters couldn't stop writing stories about our takeover, now they've all shut up.

Do we?

Randy said we are up for sale and if we don't get sold he will find a new chairman. What more do you want from him?

The fact that he's even mentioning his idea of stepping down as chairman, and he's spoken to Tom Fox about the role, surely indicates no takeover is likely? 

• Like 1

It seems mad if the baggies get bought so soon and for an amount Randy would 'reportedly' accept (who knows?). But then again reading the earlier reports on income, although we bought in £25m more (I think I read, and in a funny way hope I've got it wrong as we made a £4m loss and they made a £12m profit?? That is crazy, especially when you think we've got rid of so many high earners and have been through the young and hungry, and foreign cheap and worth a gamble stages.

What on earth are we spending on compared to them, we've had very similar seasons, they've pipped is in league us them in cup.

It seems mad if the baggies get bought so soon and for an amount Randy would 'reportedly' accept (who knows?). But then again reading the earlier reports on income, although we bought in £25m more (I think I read, and in a funny way hope I've got it wrong as we made a £4m loss and they made a £12m profit?? That is crazy, especially when you think we've got rid of so many high earners and have been through the young and hungry, and foreign cheap and worth a gamble stages.

What on earth are we spending on compared to them, we've had very similar seasons, they've pipped is in league us them in cup.

Spent too much when he couldn't afford to, didn't bring in the right men to run the club, didn't put in place the right structure ( instead of one man (Lerner) and his dog (Faulkner)), and has pretty much destroyed any hope the club has of competing with the Swansea's and Southampton's. We are not an attractive prospect because of him, too much investment is needed.

Given, Bent and N'Zogbia have cost us about 10mil a year in wages, for example.

Plus won't wages from the likes of Dunne and Ireland (for half of the season/year of the latest accounts) be included?

Whereas WBA run a tight ship, very few big earners there.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

1. @John__Percy @RogW38 John whats happened to the interested parties you spoke of?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

2. @AVFCTransTweet @RogW38 still there, hovering. Safe to say the Smith interest going public did them no favours

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

3. @John__Percy @RogW38 no favours in what respect? Surely they should be making moves by now?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

@AVFCTransTweet @RogW38 you would expect things to move now. I'm no expert but people ITK say when names get leaked it doesn't help

1. @John__Percy @RogW38 John whats happened to the interested parties you spoke of?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

2. @AVFCTransTweet @RogW38 still there, hovering. Safe to say the Smith interest going public did them no favours

1 retweet0 favorites
     Retweet1
     Favorite
    More

3. @John__Percy @RogW38 no favours in what respect? Surely they should be making moves by now?

0 retweets0 favorites
     Retweet
     Favorite
    More

@AVFCTransTweet @RogW38 you would expect things to move now. I'm no expert but people ITK say when names get leaked it doesn't help

Pfft! I don't think anythings happening,

If you were going to buy this club you would do so at a time to give yourself maximum opportunity to keep the best players and have the longest time possible to strengthen surely? Well that time has already passed in my opinion and it's clear nothings happening imminently.

Am sure we heard this drivel last summer didn't we? Folks saying the "Buyer" was annoyed at it getting leaked etc? I think it's BS and just a cover for the fact the info given was incorrect again.

Has it passed? The window hasn't even opened yet.

What part is incorrect? Lerner himself confirmed the club is still up for sale, he has interest and priority now is to sell the club and if he can't he would put a new chairman in place. There is no incorrect information there.

What part of that is incorrect or conflicting with the information John Percy has put in his paper?

Not sure about names but you'd imagine if they signed a contract to ensure they are kept a secret and not leaked until a deal is done.. it's for a reason.

Pfft! I don't think anythings happening,

If you were going to buy this club you would do so at a time to give yourself maximum opportunity to keep the best players and have the longest time possible to strengthen surely? Well that time has already passed in my opinion and it's clear nothings happening imminently.

Am sure we heard this drivel last summer didn't we? Folks saying the "Buyer" was annoyed at it getting leaked etc? I think it's BS and just a cover for the fact the info given was incorrect again.

Not sure about that. I remember previous reports and suggestions saying a deal would most likely be finalised in July if it were to happen considering the time for full due diligence and negotiations. Albion, who clearly are in negotiations, haven't been sold yet either.

When the Smith name got leaked every one went mad now Percy States that getting names leaked affects deals people take it as there's nothing happening. That's the problem with keeping it things secret you just never know. I still think we are in due diligence whether that progresses though is another matter.

Has it passed? The window hasn't even opened yet.

What part is incorrect? Lerner himself confirmed the club is still up for sale, he has interest and priority now is to sell the club and if he can't he would put a new chairman in place. There is no incorrect information there.

What part of that is incorrect or conflicting with the information John Percy has put in his paper?

Not sure about names but you'd imagine if they signed a contract to ensure they are kept a secret and not leaked until a deal is done.. it's for a reason.

I think it has passed in one way, Cleverley is a gonna, Beneteke clearly wants away reports today saying Vlaar likely wanting to follow suit... Well there's 3 of our best players for starters which puts us in a much weakened position surely? It gives a "Sinking ship" feel about the place which will be a huge put off to good players. If i was gonna buy the club that's the last thing i'd want happening. Admittedly two of them ain't actually gone yet but there is sure as heck a lot of smoke about!

As for the leaked info It just seems a bit of a petty reason to put off a sale to me. It must be almost impossible to stop any info leaking out surely in this day and age with technology everywhere especially with Randy mentioning stuff about selling at the end of every season thus putting everyone connected with Villa on high alert and actively trying to find out info. It's like having tens of thousands of little spies all over the World watching every move lol!

Just my opinion but i find it a bit lame to put off a sale because a bit of info leaked under such circumstances especially when we heard the same stuff last summer too, but then what do i know? 

Â