2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Is it just me or does anyone else think if we aren't sold in the next 6 weeks that we will be relegated, who were the last team to flirt seriously with relegation 6 years on the bounce and not drop?

Sunderland are pretty much in the same situation as ourselves. 16th, 14th (still in danger, mental Di Canio season, 17th.......... they've had loads of poor seasons just like us and haven't dropped since coming up in 2006-2007. But i get your point. 

• Like 1

It's strange that we haven't had a new kit or announced our new sponsors yet. Surely if we were keeping Macron it would've been realised by now or at least given a launch date even if we haven't sorted out a sponsor? Fox seems to be a very good operator so getting deals done early or at least in place so they kick in on safety would seem normal. Are we holding off because of new owners? How long does or can due diligence take? If nothing was coming surely kit deals and sponsors would be sorted to enable Sherwood to spend?

It's strange that we haven't had a new kit or announced our new sponsors yet. Surely if we were keeping Macron it would've been realised by now or at least given a launch date even if we haven't sorted out a sponsor? Fox seems to be a very good operator so getting deals done early or at least in place so they kick in on safety would seem normal. Are we holding off because of new owners? How long does or can due diligence take? If nothing was coming surely kit deals and sponsors would be sorted to enable Sherwood to spend?

We always take aaaages to announce our new kits. I'd read nothing into it to be honest.

We always take aaaages to announce our new kits. I'd read nothing into it to be honest.

That's not true though. The last 2 years the kit has been launched mid June with the announcement made a few weeks before. The actual kits normally go on sale a few weeks after that normally home first.

That's not true though. The last 2 years the kit has been launched mid June with the announcement made a few weeks before. The actual kits normally go on sale a few weeks after that normally home first.

So, seeing as it's a "few" weeks before mid June(ish), we should expect an announcement any day now :D

We have someone on the forum who has seen the kits and confirmed who the kit makers are (Macron). It's way too late in the day for new owners to come in now, sort out new sponsorship deals and change the kits. Just wouldn't happen.

It's probably more likely we're waiting for our Dafabet deal to officially expire before we announce new sponsors & kits. It's probably just a legal thing.... 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

So, seeing as it's a "few" weeks before mid June(ish), we should expect an announcement any day now :D

We have someone on the forum who has seen the kits and confirmed who the kit makers are (Macron). It's way too late in the day for new owners to come in now, sort out new sponsorship deals and change the kits. Just wouldn't happen.

It's probably more likely we're waiting for our Dafabet deal to officially expire before we announce new sponsors & kits. It's probably just a legal thing....

Maybe but we can set a launch date surely? If the kit and the sponsor are known there's nothing stopping the club naming a date. Dafabet deal started on June 11th 2013 and today they've said we are no longer in a deal so that would clear the way aswell. We have been very proactive towards kit launches with them being all over a weekend before yet there's nothing coming out. It may be nothing as you say but seeing as it not our normal way of doing things you never know. Hopefully it's an owner that wants to fudge FFP by being our sponsors aswell.

-No sponsour announced

-No Manufacturer

-No pre season tour

!?!?!?!?!?

Surely somethings going on here?

Pretty sure we announced it?

We've got a 'training camp' in Portugal, that's about it I think unless i'm missing something?!

What I mean is that the last few years we've had a US or Asia tour? But it seems nothings planned this year, which seems strange with the club making it obvious on several occasions how important it is to move into new markets (e.g China)?

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

-No sponsour announced

-No Manufacturer

-No pre season tour

!?!?!?!?!?

We've got a 'training camp' in Portugal, that's about it I think unless i'm missing something?!

What I mean is that the last few years we've had a US or Asia tour? But it seems nothings planned this year, which seems strange with the club making it obvious on several occasions how important it is to move into new markets (e.g China)?

We still have some preseason games to announce but we had to keep 1st August free for obvious reasons. The league also starts early this year so doubt doing any far tours was on the cards. Most clubs now try to do the long stuff at seasons ends but it's also Sherwoods first preseason. So can see him wanting to spend more time coaching than travelling.

Yeah, you're right, just the usual early domestic friendlies confirmed. As dn2982 says, maybe there will be no tour with an earlier start to the season.

Edited by Isa

-No sponsour announced

-No Manufacturer

-No pre season tour

!?!?!?!?!?

We still have some preseason games to announce but we had to keep 1st August free for obvious reasons. The league also starts early this year so doubt doing any far tours was on the cards. Most clubs now try to do the long stuff at seasons ends but it's also Sherwoods first preseason. So can see him wanting to spend more time coaching than travelling.

I might be missing something here, but what's on the 1st August?

-No sponsour announced

-No Manufacturer

-No pre season tour

!?!?!?!?!?

I'm pretty sure he means that's the date the community shield is played on. Which we'd have been in if we'd won.

• Like 1

An update on WBA's situation.

An end of May deadline to ascertain the strength of bidders has long since passed with no word coming from Peace and indeed the Club that talks had been shelved.

However, I understand Peace is still immersed in dialogue with a number of foreign investors from China, America and the Far East to hand over his 88 per cent stake in Albion.

Peace had set a bargaining price of around £150 million for his shares and I understand he believes a deal can be finalised before Albion’s players report back for duty on June 29 before flying to Austria for a training camp.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-bromwich-albion-latest-potential-9388616

Still ongoing there.

-No sponsour announced

-No Manufacturer

-No pre season tour

!?!?!?!?!?

It would've been the Charity Shield

Â